As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
NOTE: Please note that this position is funded under an Extra-Budgetary (ExB) Project which runs until 31 December 2021, with the possibility of an extension subject to further receipt of funds.
The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina continues to play a vital role in strengthening the country’s ability to foster a sustainable and stable security environment, to strengthen Bosnia and Herzegovina’s governance, and to encourage its consolidation as a democratic society. The Mission supports political and education reform and works to promote and protect human rights of all citizens of BiH.
The Project Assistant is based in the Head Office and works under the ExB project “Promoting a Dialogue for Reconciliation in BiH” of the Human Dimension Department (HDD).
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Project Officer, should you be selected for the position, you will provide necessary administrative and logistical support for the preparation and implementation of the project. You will work in close co-ordination with the Mission staff, stakeholders, project/implementing partners, and key beneficiaries on all project activities.
As the Project Assistant, should you be selected for the position, you will perform the following duties:
1. Under the supervision of the Project Officer, planning and assisting in organizing, co-ordinating and implementing specific activities such as screening events, seminars, roundtables, workshops, conferences, travel and training events envisaged within the framework of the project;
2. Liaising with other Mission staff, in particular at field office level, to arrange meetings and project activities in different geographical areas of BiH;
3. Monitoring project implementation and assisting in drafting reports on the project implementation status;
4. Supporting project implementation by carrying out logistical and administrative tasks in relation to the planning and implementation of the project activities;
5. Co-ordinating practical participation of project partners and stakeholders in the project, supporting monitoring and reporting of project efforts, ensuring timely implementation of planned activities; proposing changes to strategy of project implementation, if needed;
6. Providing logistical, financial, procurement and human resources support to the Project Officer;
7. Assisting the Project Officer in all phases of project implementation, monitoring, controlling, reporting and evaluation;
8. Supporting the Project Officer in maintaining relations with key staff of relevant domestic institutions, civil society organizations and international organisations.
1. Assisting in the planning and preparation of screening events, meetings, workshops, and other events (online and offline);
2. Undertaking organization of travel arrangements;
3. Collecting and entering into databases data that are relevant for the implementation and monitoring of the project activities;
4. Drafting letters of invitation, participant lists, pre- and post-event evaluations, agendas and other materials;
5. Communicating with participants and speakers to confirm their participation and responds to their requests; arranging meeting facilities and any audio-visual and other equipment;
6. Drafting correspondence in English and local language; preparing summaries of relevant documents, and assisting with other various administrative duties;
7. Maintaining files, documents, contact lists, etc.;
8. Handling correspondence;
9. Translating relevant documents, communications and correspondence;
10. Performing other duties as assigned.
For more information on the work of the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-bosnia-and-Herzegovina.
- Completed secondary education supplemented by formal studies in administration, political or social sciences;
- Minimum four years’ experience in administrative or project work, preferably in an international environment;
- Project support experience;
- Translation and consecutive interpretation experience;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications;
- Holds a valid driving license;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and local languages.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 2,298.08 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.