As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
NOTE: Please note that this position is funded under an Extra-Budgetary (ExB) Project, which runs until 31 December 2021, with the possibility of an extension until 31 October 2023, subject to further receipt of funds.
The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina continues to play a vital role in strengthening the country’s ability to foster a sustainable and stable security environment, to strengthen Bosnia and Herzegovina’s governance, and to encourage its consolidation as a democratic society. The Mission supports political and education reform and works to promote and protect human rights of all citizens of BiH.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision and the guidance of the National Project Officer, should you be selected for the position, you will provide project management, administrative, financial, logistic and co-ordination support to the Project Manager, National Project Officer, and Procurement Assistant within the Extra Budgetary project “Addressing Security and Safety Risks of Illegal Possession, Misuse and Trafficking of SALW and their Ammunition in Bosnia and Herzegovina” in the Department of Security Co-operation of the OSCE Mission to BiH.
As the Project Assistant, should you be selected for the position, you will perform the following duties:
1. Directly conducting activities
- Organizing project-activities/events (following up on purchase requests for conference venues, hotels, and catering; providing administrative instruction to suppliers);
- Preparing travel arrangements participants, consultants, and others in project activities/events (i.e. flights and visas; completes OTA forms and travel claims, including payment of travel entitlements for non-OSCE officials; books hotel accommodation; maintains a running overview of travel expenditure);
- Preparing project activity/event materials;
- Conducting research and preparing background information and briefs as required;
- Assisting with the preparation of presentations;
- Taking minutes and drafts notes, summaries and reports;
- Assisting the Project Manager in financial and narrative reporting;
- Performing interpretation and translation services from/to local languages and English.
- Secretarial support - co-ordination and information sharing;
- Maintaining the directory of project stakeholders;
- Distributing documents;
- Maintaining paper and electronic filing system; uploading documents into DocIn;
- Scheduling meetings, receiving visitors, preparing meeting rooms as required;
- Drafting correspondence;
3. Assisting in project management
- Assisting in planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating project activities;
- Assisting in preparation of draft reports, financial and administrative documents, including expenditure reviews, travel and visa arrangements, consultancy, and other contracts etc.;
- Supporting preparation and execution of programmatic events, such as workshops, trainings, exchange programme conferences, as well as official and donor visits;
- Assisting in monitoring project implementation and spending patterns, including recommendations to improve financial planning and monitoring;
- Conducting record keeping in the OSCE’s internal administrative, financial, and reporting systems;
4. Other duties as assigned
For more information on the work of the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-bosnia-and-herzegovina.
- Completed secondary school education, supplemented with training in the field of administration and/or project management;
- At least four (4) years of relevant work experience;
- Preferably some experience in the development/drafting of project proposals, narrative/financial reporting, budgeting, and project monitoring and evaluation;
- Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and the local languages.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 2,298.08 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment.
Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered.
Only those applicants who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.