As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
NOTE: Foreseen duration of this extra-budgetary (ExB) project is until 31 October 2020 subject to funds approval.
The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina continues to play a vital role in strengthening the country’s ability to foster a sustainable and stable security environment, to strengthen Bosnia and Herzegovina’s governance, and to encourage its consolidation as a democratic society. The Mission supports political and education reform and works to promote and protect human rights of all citizens of BiH.
Should you be selected for the position, you will provide programmatic and administrative support to the Project Team and in work related to the implementation of tasks within Project “'Leaders against Intolerance and Violent Extremism' (LIVE) Training Course for Youth in BiH”.
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
As Project Assistant you will perform the follwing duties:
Project Implementation Support
1. Assisting in reviewing and analysis of range of information collected during the implementation of the Project “'Leaders against Intolerance and Violent Extremism' (LIVE) Training Course for Youth in BiH” and assisting in drafting summaries, updates or reports based on this information and analysis or in cooperation with relevant staff;
2. Assisting Project team, in reporting and in the monitoring of Project implementation;
3. Attending meetings and writing minutes and reports on such meetings;
4. As directed, communicating with relevant government interlocutors, other international organisations, and civil society;
5. Providing administrative support during selection of training participants and facilitators, including in providing necessary logistic support in procurement of supplies, services and/or SSAs for participants initiatives during interim period;
6. Researching and preparing background information to queries from Project team on issues related to P/CVERLT;
1. Assisting in the organisation of training sessions visits including the preparatory work, administrative work and travel arrangements;
2. Arranging administrative details regarding participants’ initiatives as required, to include (but not limited to): Liaising on projects’ ideas, providing administrative instructions on feasibility of initiatives, provide all administrative support to projects in the sense of booking venues, procedures in relation to hiring consultants and any other requirements, including support in direct procurement of goods and services for initiatives;
3. Arranging meetings, with notification of time, date and subject matter and preparing draft minutes of these meetings, as requested;
4. Assisting in collection and organization of monitoring and evaluation data in line with MEL methodology and information required for other project related reporting;
5. Co-ordinating with document centre regarding all tasks related to archiving, photocopying, collating, binding, etc.;
6. Maintaining and updating files of reports, correspondence and other relevant material;
7. On occasion, you may be required to instruct other members of the Mission on specific areas of work and to brief participants from outside the Mission, who assist with Seminars, workshops and conferences.
Interpretation and Translation
1. Interpreting occasionally in consecutive mode for Project meetings and events from and into the languages of Bosnia and Herzegovina and English;
2. Translating texts and documents relevant for the Project as necessary to include policies, legal texts such as laws and court documents, and incoming and outgoing official and informal communications,
3. Attending external meetings where he/she may occasionally be required to interpret discussions and record results as required.
Other Tasks as assigned.
For more information on the work of the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-bosnia-and-herzegovina.
Secondary education supplemented by formal studies in administration and languages;
A minimum of four years of administrative/organizational and programme/project support experience, preferably in an international organisation;
Established experience in translating and interpreting;
Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications and large computer systems;
Excellent written and oral communications skills, in English and in local languages.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 2,298.08 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
|How To Apply|
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment.Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.