NOTE: This is a short-term appointment until March 31st 2018 with a possibility of extension through 2018 subject to availability of the funds. The incumbent will be based at the Head Office and will work under the ExB Project “Strengthening Rule of Law by Improving War Crimes Processing in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Phase I: Needs Assessment” of the Human Dimension Department. Under the supervision of the Head of Rule of Law, the incumbent will provide necessary administrative and logistical support for the preparation and implementation of the Project. The incumbent will work in close co-ordination with Mission staff, BiH institutions and international organisations on all project activities.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supporting the Project implementation by carrying out logistical and administrative tasks in relation to the planning and implementation of the Project;
- Collecting and compiling reports from BiH authorities related to Project activities;
- Assisting the supervisor in all phases of reporting on Project activities;
- Attending meetings and conferences in the capacity of a representative of the Project and writting reports on such events;
- Maintaining close ties with key staff within relevant BiH institutions and liaising with international organisations;
- Assisting in the planning and preparation of meetings and other events and organising travel arrangements;
- Entering relevant data into the Mission’s records and provides related updates to Project staff when needed;
- Drafting correspondence in English and local language; preparing summaries of relevant documents, and assisting with other various administrative duties;
- Supporting the Translator/Interpreter when needed to provide additional translation/interpretation;
- Working closely with relevant Mission staff to ensure coherence and coordination in Mission activities relating to the Project;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Completed secondary education. Formal studies in law, social sciences, languages or administration/office organisation would be an asset;
- Four years of relevant work experience in the clerical/secretarial/administrative field and knowledge of modern office procedures;
- Some project management and/or project support experience;
- Translation and consecutive interpretation experience;
- Knowledge of the rule of law and judicial reform would be an advantage;
- Excellent oral and written English and local language;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications;
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Possession of a valid driving license.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 2,298.00 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under
http://www.osce.org/employment. Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at
a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male
candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.