As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
A vacancy for a fix term appointment has arisen in the OSCE Presence in Albania for a Project Assistant (G5) from the period from 01 August 2021 until 31 December 2023, but the initial contract is until 31 December 2021.
The incumbent is based at the OSCE Presence in Albania, within the Rule of Law and Human Rights Department (RoLHRD), and is supervised by the Project Officer under the overall supervision of the Head of RoLHRD. Within the limits of the Project timeframe, the incumbent assists the Project Officer in the implementation and monitoring of the Project activities and budget, with a focus on administrative and logistical support, reporting and follow up, providing general support to the project implementation based on the strategy and schedule defined by the Project Officer and the Head of Department.
• Compiling and preparing draft Project reports, by gathering and analysing relevant information;
• Preparing and maintaining records, documents and plans for the monitoring of the project implementation;
• Collecting data and necessary information for the project evaluation;
• Attending meetings, seminars and conferences and providing written summaries and minutes of meetings;
• Preparing related draft documents, including drafting layouts and content;
• Assisting the Project Officer in gathering and analysing information from media, relevant stakeholders and civil society organizations field of fight against corruption and organized crime in Albania
• Raising requests for necessary approvals by the decision-making authority(ies)
• Raising Purchase Requisitions (PR) in order to receive the necessary materials/tools on the implementation of the project activities as per the deadlines set and procedures to be followed;
• Sending, receiving and archiving electronic-/paper communication and documents;
• Providing written summaries and MoMs for Project related workshops, meetings and conferences;
• Contributing to the organization of the Project related workshops, meetings and conferences;
• Providing translation and interpretation from Albanian to English and vice versa as required;
• Drafting documents and gathering relevant information pertaining to corruption and organized crime cases in Albania for further processing;
• Resolving administrative problems or, where necessary, reporting them to the Project Officer for advice;
• Following up with the donor and other international partners, if applicable, including consultants, on administrative issues and collecting all administrative/financial documents required;
• Maintaining regular contacts and ensuring timely communication with experts/consultants, implementing partners, organizations or institutions relevant to the successful operation of the project;
• Communicating with partners and stakeholders in person, via email and or phone as instructed by the Project Officer;
Qualifications and Skills
• Secondary education, preferably supplemented by studies in law /administration/human rights.
• At least 5 years of previous relevant work experience;
• Experience with financial and narrative reports regarding on-going processes of the implementation of the project activities;
• Experience in supporting organization of meetings, conferences and public events, as well as communicating with high level officials.
• Familiarity with Albanian institutions, central and local government and main political developments in the country.
• Ability to operate MS Office applications, including word processing and email.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Albanian, including translation and interpreting;
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the remuneration is approximately 969 EURO,, subject to National Social Security deductions. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
All applications are due by 16 May 2021. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
Should you have any question, kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.