This is a maternity leave replacement financed from the Human Security Programme. The contract duration is for one year.
Under the direct supervision of the National Project Officer the Project Assistant provides the following services:
1. Assists in managing projects:
• assists in the programmatic management of IP, supplier, special service agreements; preparation of terms of reference, selection of service and goods providers, and in the verification of financial reports
• arranges travel, accommodation, official travel authorizations and travel claims for OSCE and non-OSCE officials
• in support of activities, drafts letters of invitation, participant lists, agendas and other materials; communicates with participants and speakers to confirm their participation and respond to their requests; arranges meeting facilities and audio-visual and other equipment
• gathers and compiles data for project monitoring and evaluation
2. Prepares and maintains documentation for the programme:
• translates documents
• maintains files, contact lists, etc.
• handles correspondence
3. Oversees flow of internal procurement approval:
• raises and updates purchase requests
• confirms that services or goods were delivered
4. Other duties as assigned:
• in particular, perform similar duties for other project personnel
• Completed secondary education, supplemented by formal training in administration
• Minimum 4 years of working experience in administrative or project work, preferably in an international environment
• Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages; IRMA working experience would be an asset
• Professional fluency in oral and written English and Ukrainian
Annual salary subject to social security deductions is EUR 11,860. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
This position is for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRG00553. The deadline for applications is 18 April 2019. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.