As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
A vacancy for a short term appointment has arisen in the OSCE Presence in Albania for a Project Assistant (G5) under the extra-budgetary project “Building capacities of Albanian institutions and professionals in the field of Transitional Justice” for a period of 43 months, from 1st June 2020 to 31 December 2023, within the Rule of Law and Human Rights Department.
Duties and responsibilities
1) Compiling and preparing draft Project reports, by gathering and analysing relevant information;
2) Preparing and maintaining records, documents and plans for the monitoring of the project implementation;
3) Collecting data and necessary information for the project evaluation;
4) Attending meetings, seminars and conferences and providing written summaries and minutes of meetings;
5) Preparing related draft documents, including drafting layouts and content;
6) Assisting the Project Manager in gathering and sharing information from media, State institutions and civil society, daily events, political and societal developments related to the project.
1) Raising requests for necessary approvals by the decision-making authority(ies) via RATS
2) Raising Purchase Requisitions (PR) in order to receive the necessary materials/tools on the implementation of the project activities as per the deadlines set and procedures to be followed;
3) Sending, receiving and archiving electronic-/paper communication and documents;
4) Providing written summaries and MoMs for Project related workshops, meetings and conferences;
5) Contributing to the organization of Project related workshops, meetings and conferences;
6) Providing translation and interpretation from Albanian to English and vice versa as required;
7) Drafting documents and gathering information on relevant issues concerning the Transitional Justice theme for further processing by the Project Manager;
8) Preparing templates for reporting and monitoring of the activities;
9) Providing financial and narrative reports on on-going processes and proactively pointing out possible obstacles to the implementation of the project activities;
10) Resolving administrative problems or, where necessary, reporting them to the Project Manager for advice;
11) Following up with implementing partners, if applicable, and consultants on administrative issues and collecting all administrative/financial documents required;
12) Maintaining regular contacts and ensuring timely communication with experts/consultants, implementing partners, organizations or institutions relevant to the successful operation of the project;
13) Communicating with partners and stakeholders in person, per mail and per phone as instructed by the Project Manager;
Qualifications and Skills:
Secondary education, preferably supplemented by studies in law/social sciences/history/administration/human rights. At least 4 years of previous relevant work experience; Computer literacy with practical experience with MS Office applications. Desirable, at least 1 year of experience in design and implementation of education/ capacity building projects; Knowledge of Project Management Cycle and familiarity to work with project log frame and timeline tools for the coordination and execution of the project activities; Experience in organizing events and conferences; A minimum of six months of previous work experience with an international institution and/or similar projects of educational nature or in the field of Transitional Justice would be an asset; Knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to the Albanian University/Higher Education system in general as well as to the University of Tirana in particular.
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the monthly remuneration for G5 is approximately 969 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions which currently is approximately 100 Euro. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
All applications are due by 27 September 2020. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.