As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
A vacancy has risen for a Project Assistant (G5), in the Governance in Economic and Environmental Issues Department (GEEID) under the Extra Budgetary Project “Action Against Human Trafficking in Albania” funded by UNICEF with the support of the United Kingdom. This post is subject to availability of the funds.
1. Tasks and Responsibility:
Under the direct supervision of the National Anti-Trafficking Officer, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Provides general support to the project implementation based on the strategy defined by the Project Manager and the Head of Department. Carries various administrative duties, from the drafting of documents, to entering Procurement Requests in the system, as well as providing support with receiving or archiving or sending of incoming and outgoing electronic and paper documents. Follows up on administrative issues, ensuring that deadlines are met and procedures are followed. Facilitates logistical, financial and budgetary details with other respective departments. On weekly basis and upon request, prepares project reports and project documentation, drafts correspondence and collects relevant data and information as well as all administrative and financial documents required.
2. Participates in meetings, seminars and conferences upon request from the Project Manager and the Head of Department. Interpretes/translates from English into Albanian and vice-versa on matters realted to project activities when required. Provides support in organizing project-related seminars, meetings, conferences and in preparing related documents through administrative actions and procurement of related services.
3. Assists the Project Manager in planning and overseeing the Project budget and activities. Contributes to project evaluation by gathering data on the project activities and other needed information. Prepares and maintains records, documents and plans for the monitoring of the project implementation. In line with the OSCE internal regulation and the agrement with the donor, reports and provides full financial and narrative report on projects about on-going processes and proactively points out possible obstacles.
4. Gathers information on daily events, political and societal developments related to Trafficking of Human Beings and provides regular updates to the Project Manager. Participates in the briefing and debriefing of project related matters; prepares drafts of the meetinsg agendas and keeps minutes of the meetings. Assists the Project Manager in gathering information from media, state institutions and civil society on Project-related developments.
5. Maintains regular contacts and, as a liasion point on project activities, ensures timely communication with experts/consultants, implementing partners, organizations or institutions relevant to the successful operation of the project.
6. Performs any other Project-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
1 Secondary education supplemented by specific studies in business management, languages, social or political science, administration or secretarial field
2 Minimum 4 years of work experience in governmental institutions, private enterprise, NGO and/or an international organization in which the incumbent should have supported projects/programmes preferably in the area of Anti-trafficking in human beings, acquiring skills in basic management and coordination, analytical, reporting office organization and archiving.
3 Experience in supporting organization of meetings, conferences and public events, as well as communicating with high level officials.
4 Familiarity with Albanian institutions, central and local government and main political developments in the country.
5 Ability to operate MS Office applications, including word processing and email.
6 Excellent oral and written communication skills, in both English and Albanian
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the remuneration is approximately 900 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
All applications are due by 26 February 2020. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.