A vacancy has risen for a Project Assistant (G5), in the Governance in Economic and Environmental Issues Department (GEEID) under the Extra Budgetary Project “Multidisciplinary measures to protect children from trafficking, exploitation and irregular migration", funded by the Governments of Italy and France and implemented by the OSCE Presence in Albania. This fix term post is subject to availability of the funds and envisaged until 31 December 2019.
Tasks and Responsibility:
Under the direct supervision of the National Anti-Trafficking Officer, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Provides general support to the project implementation based on the strategy defined by the National Anti-Trafficking Officer and by the Head of Department .
2. Carries various administrative duties, from the drafting of documents, to entering procurement requests in the respective system, as well as providing support with receiving or archiving or sending of incoming and outgoing electronic and paper documents.
3. Follows up on administrative issues, ensuring that deadlines are met and procedures are followed.
4. Maintains contacts with relevant members of the other units as needed for the normal continuation of the project and resolves possible administrative problems.
5. Prepares project reports and project documentation, drafts correspondence and collects relevant data and information as well as all administrative and financial documents required. Provides inputs on project activities for the department’s activities reports. Provides guidance to implementing partners on preparing project reports in order to ensure their timely submission and consequently the successful implementation of the project. Regularly reports and provides full financial and narrative report on projects about on-going processes and proactively points out possible obstacles.
6. Participates in meetings, seminars and conferences upon request from the National Anti-Trafficking Officer and the Head of Department.
7. Interpretes/translates from English into Albanian and vice-versa on matters realted to project activities when required. Provides support in organizing project-related seminars, meetings, conferences and in preparing related documents through administrative actions and procurement of related services.
8. Contributes to the knowledge of GEEID by sharing information on daily events, political and societal developments related to Trafficking of Human Beings.
9. Maintains regular contacts and, as a liasion point on project activities, ensures timely communication with experts/consultants, implementing partners, organizations or institutions relevant to the successful operation of the project.
10. Performs any other project-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Secondary education supplemented by specific studies in business management, languages, social or political science, administration or secretarial field.
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in governmental institutions, private enterprise, NGO and/or an international organization in which the incumbent should have supported projects/programmes preferably in the area of Anti-trafficking in human beings, acquiring skills in basic management and coordination, analytical, reporting office organization and archiving.
- Experience in supporting organization of meetings, conferences and public events, as well as communicating with high level officials.
- Familiarity with Albanian institutions, central and local government and main political developments in the country.
- Ability to operate MS Office applications, including word processing and email.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, in both English and Albanian.
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the remuneration is approximately 836 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
All applications are due by 11 March 2019. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization