As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
A vacancy has arisen in the OSCE Presence in Albania for a Project Assistant (G4), in the Rule of Law and Human Rights Department, within the ExB Project “Preventing and Countering Violent Extremism and Radicalization that Lead to Terrorism in prisons and within probation services (Phase I)”.
The Project Assistant will assist the Project Manager in overseeing the monitoring and implementation of the Project activities and budget, with a focus on administrative and logistical support, reporting and follow up, providing general support to the project implementation based on the strategy and schedule defined by the Project Manager.
The assistant will work full time for a period from 17 September 2018 - 30 June 2019.
Tasks and Responsibility:
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Assists in overseeing the monitoring and implementation of the Project activities and budget, with a focus on administrative and logistical support, reporting and follow up;
2. Provides general support to the project implementation based on the strategy and schedule defined by the Project Manager.
3. Drafts of documents for further processing by the Project Manager;
4. Provides support by sending, receiving and archiving electronic-/paper communication and documents;
5. Follows up on administrative actions, ensuring that administrative deadlines are met and procedures are followed;
6. Gathers and analyses relevant information in order to compile and prepare draft Project reports;
7. Assisting the Project Manager in planning and overseeing the Project budget and activities;
8. Prepares and maintains records, documents and plans for the monitoring of the project implementation;
9. Contributes to the organization of Project related workshops, meetings and conferences providing written summaries and minutes;
10. Assists the Project Manager in gathering information from media, State institutions and civil society on Project related developments and contributing to the project by sharing information on daily events, political and societal developments related to the project;
11. Maintaining regular contacts and ensuring timely communication with experts/consultants, implementing partners, organizations or institutions relevant to the successful operation of the project;
12. Provides translation and interpretation from Albanian to English and vice versa as required;
13. Performs any other project-related duties as assigned.
• Secondary education supplemented by Bachelor studies in law, languages, social sciences, public relations, administration and human rights.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience.
• Experience in organizing meetings.
• A minimum of six months of previous work experience with an international institution or similar project would be an asset.
• Organization and co-ordination skills, as well as office management and maintenance of filing systems.
• Diplomacy, sensitivity and tact;
• Ability to work with people from a variety of different backgrounds, including on sensitive topics;
• Ability to operate MS Office applications, spreadsheets and e-mail.
• Report writing skills Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
• Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
• Must be Albanian resident
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the remuneration is approximately 745.33 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
All applications are due by 21 August 2018. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
Should you have any question, kindly send a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.