As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
A vacancy has arisen in the OSCE Presence in Albania for a Project Assistant (G4), in the Democratization Department.
The Project Assistant (G4) provides general administrative and logistical support to the Media Development Unit as part of the “Media in Focus – Strengthening Public Broadcaster and School of Journalism in Albania” extra-budgetary (ExB) project.
Tasks and Responsibility:
Under the direct supervision of the National Project Manager, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
1) Takes notes, translates and implements instructions on behalf of the Media Development Unit’s ExB team at it works in drafting proposals, implementing and supervising ExB project activities;
2) Co-ordinates the ExB team's inputs for internal reports and those for the partners and donors.
3) Serves as a point of contact, taking phone calls, answering emails and setting meetings, for partners and institutions in the process of organizing activities undertaken by the ExB team.
4) Files and follows up on requisitions and orders to assist the ExB team’s for procurement-related issues and procedures, ensuring that administrative deadlines are met;
5) Welcomes staff from other departments and organizations, and visitors, in person and/or by phone on behalf of the ExB team;
6) Assists with incoming and outgoing electronic data, paper work and drafts correspondence, by collecting, filtering, completing and forwarding paperwork/correspondence/data as needed to assist the goals of the ExB team.
7) Provides administrative assistance with regards to training, visits, seminars and workshops as part of the Media in Focus project in Albania and of Albanian interlocutors abroad.
8) Arranges meetings within the Media Unit on behalf of the National Project Officer and the Senior Media Officer, and with representatives of international organizations and governmental officials; participates in the meetings, and provides written summaries and minutes;
9) Provides interpretation from English to Albanian and vice versa in meetings between the unit’s international staff and local authorities when needed;
10) Performs any other project-related duties as assigned.
• Secondary education.
• Minimum 3 years of previous relevant work experience in a central or a local governmental institution, or in an international organization or media organization.
• Experience in organizing meetings.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Albanian
• Experience in working with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds.
• Experience with gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
• Must be Albanian resident
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the remuneration is approximately 745.33 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions.
OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
All applications are due by 04th January 2019. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.