This post is financed from the Extra Budgetary Project (ExB) “Enhancing Ukraine’s Chemical Emergency Response Capacity”. The initial contract duration is until December 2020 with the six months’ probation period.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the National Project Officer, Project Assistant performs the following tasks:
a) assists in the implementation of projects in the chemical safety and security domain, in particular
• organizes and coordinates, specific activities such as seminars, roundtables, workshops, conferences, study trips and training events in the framework of the chemical safety and security program;
• assists in communication with Government, international entities’ and NGO counterparts on a regular basis to ensure smooth implementation of projects activities;
b) undertakes analysis of the project implementation and reports on the project implementation status, in particular
• monitors implementation of project activities and provides the National Project Officer with project implementation progress reports and recommendations/conclusions;
• assists with drafting project-related reports, including narrative and financial reports as requested;
• maintains and updates as required project files;
c) liaises with representatives of international entities in Ukraine, Ukrainian governmental institutions and NGOs, international and local experts as well as OSCE institutions. Participates and takes minutes of the coordination meetings;
d) raises Procurement Requests in IRMA, monitors the projects’ implementation rates and spending patterns, and provides recommendations to improve financial planning and monitoring;
e) performs other related duties as assigned.
• completed secondary education, supplemented by formal training in natural and/or social sciences;
• minimum 4 years of working experience in project management, preferably in international organisations;
• computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft packages;
• excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
Remuneration Package Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is EUR 988. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
This position is for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRG00544. The deadline for applications is 24 February 2019. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.