A New Recruitment Platform is coming soon! Learn more about how it will enhance your OSCE Talent Acquisition Experience.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Democratization Officer and general supervision of the Regional Centre (RC) Director, the Programme Assistant will be located in the OSCE Office in the Rahovec/Orahovac municipal building, and will act as a focal point for the local Kosovo Serb community; providing due monitoring of the developments in the field; and support to the programmatic activities of the Mission in the assigned area.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Conducting daily monitoring of developments in the assigned area;
- Maintaining regular contacts with all relevant interlocutors in the field; - Obtaining background documentation and other material required, collating material; preparing summaries of information and unofficial translations from/into local languages; - Drafting quality and timely inputs for the Mission’s regular reports on issues pertaining to the assigned area of responsibility; - Coordinating all aspects of monitoring and reporting ensuring data is of high quality and produced on time; - Providing technical assistance to field staff during monitoring and data collection activities; - Assisting Interprets (consecutively and simultaneously) for the supervisor(s) from English into Serbian and vice versa; - Translating texts and documents of various kinds (legal texts including laws, decrees, administrative decisions; incoming and outgoing both official and informal communications) that are relevant to the work of the Mission; - Accompanying the supervisor(s) to provide interpretation services during meetings, conferences, seminars, roundtable meetings; - Preparing minutes and reports of Mission events and other meetings, as requested.
2) Secretarial and clerical:
- When required, attending meetings and drafting minutes; - Searching for information and background documentation required by the supervisor(s); - Collecting, reviewing and sorting incoming mail, providing background files and information; dispatching outgoing mail, sending messages via facsimile and electronic mail facilities; - Maintaining and updating the database of contacts and interlocutors; - In the framework of the above-mentioned tasks and the personnel related tasks, (see below), the incumbent has to fill in and to service other departments of the Mission when requested by the supervisor or his/her delegated authority;
3) Program Assistance:
- Drafting reports and correspondence in the requested language, on the basis of instruction received from supervisor(s) and/or on the basis of the knowledge of the work; - Preparing summaries of relevant meetings, documents/minutes, and programmatic activities; - Arrangind and co-ordinating meetings, notifying participants of time, date and subject matter; - Ensuring presence at the OSCE office in the municipal building in Rahovec/Orahovac; - Delivering information on the OSCE activities to the visitors; - Collecting information on the ground and reporting to the supervisor(s) on relevant issues of concern expressed by the visitors to the OSCE office.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Completed secondary education
- Minimum three years of relevant experience including in provision of translation and interpretation services, preferably with international organizations
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft packages
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in the local languages, specifically Serbian language
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1,069.42 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.