The OSCE Mission to Montenegro is seeking for highly qualified, motivated and experienced national candidates for the short-term position of Programme Assistant (G5) at the Media Programme.
Under the guidance of the Media Programme Manager, the short-term incumbent will assist in the development and implementation of projects and activities, and provide administrative support to the Media Programme. The short-term appointment is requested for the maximum period of 5 months and 29 days. The OSCE is committed to achieving a better balance of women and men within the Organization, and seeks for candidates who meet the core values and competences of the organization.
The short-term Programme Assistant (G5) under the direct supervision of the Media Programme Manager, will assist the staff of the Media Programme in the implementation of the Programme’s day-to-day activities as well as operation of the projects. The work will include the following tasks:
- Participates in concept and design of project activities, develops and implements team projects, taking overall responsibility for those activities assigned to him/her by Media Programme Manager;
- Ensures that the activities are successfully implemented in accordance with its objectives throughout the project cycle, including designing action plans, budget estimates, implementation plans, final reports and evaluation;
- Engages actively (meets, communicates) with the target groups / beneficiaries / interlocutors, in order to build key support for the team activities; translates all communication upon request to the team. Prepares spot and analytical reports after important events related to the work of the Programme;
- Establishes working relations and contacts with international partners, donor organisations, and maintains professional relationships with the Montenegrin media;
- Liaises with other locally based media, including non-majority media, developing organisations and keep regular contacts with the Public Broadcaster, Media Council for Self-Regulation and journalists’ associations;
- In co-ordination with Fund Administration Unit (FAU), collects proper documentations (receipts, participant lists etc.) to clear advances, prepares necessary Purchase Requisitions for goods or services;
- Assists in the preparation of final reports and follow-up documentation for projects implemented;
- Arranges transport for team members or participants of team activities as requested;
- Prepares hand-outs and presentations for meetings, workshops, conferences with media representatives, media advocates and researchers;
- Provides logistic support for organization of meetings, conferences, seminars, round table meetings etc. (such as booking premises, hotel rooms, transport etc.) whenever required, as well as participates and prepares minutes and follow-up reports;
- Provides accurate interpretation and translation during the meetings, as well as translation of correspondence and documents produced for the senior management;
- Maintains and updates hard and electronic archive of the Programme, including contact lists, files, reports, correspondence and other relevant material;
- Provides general clerical duties, such as drafting letters and the required correspondence of the Media Programme, collecting, reviewing and sorting incoming mail, providing background files and information as needed;
- Performs other relevant work as required.
- Secondary education supplemented by formal trainings in administration, project management, social science and/or media and public information;
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience with media organisations, international agencies including experience with international media structures;
- Project management experience including administrative/financial skills;
- Demonstrated analytical, organisational, planning and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to conduct research and collect information from a variety of sources;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Local language;
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religious and cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Holding valid driving licence.
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Montenegro only.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment.
All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online, using the OSCE online application link.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE.
Application Form or in other languages than the English language will not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, or to offer an appointment with modified Terms of Reference or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to achieving a better balance of women and men within the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.