NOTE: This post is a short-term maternity leave coverage until 25th March 2019.
The incumbent provides programmatic and administrative support for the implementation of the Mission’s Human Rights Project activities related to Roma issues.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Visiting Roma communities and meeting with Roma NGOs, collecting and updating data on local Roma Associations and related projects and following up on specific human rights cases and issues;
- Working closely with Roma associations, communities and NGOs in BiH to increase capacities of Roma Youth and Roma Women to advocate for the respect, protection and fulfilment of Roma minority rights;
- Assisting in caring out and following up on activities pertaining to the work of the Mission’s Human Rights Project, specifically relating to awareness raising activities on Anti-discrimination and Law on the Prohibition of Discrimination (LPD) in Roma communities, in particular Roma Women and Youth;
- Assisting the supervisor in developing, implementing and coordinating training programs, workshops, seminars and other activities necessary to achieve Human Rights Project objectives and provide substantive inputs when required;
- Reviewing and analysing various documents, legislation, and data obtained in programmatic activities, drafting summaries, updating or reporting based on this information and assisting the supervisor in reporting and monitoring on Human Rights Project implementation;
- Assisting in maintaining regular contacts and co-operation with Human Rights Project counterparts, specifically National Legal Experts engaged in the Institution of Human Rights Ombudsman of BiH, Young Roma Professionals, Mission’s Roma Focal Points and Gender Unit;
- Performing other related work as assigned.
- Secondary school education supplemented by a formal training in law/social science;
- Minimum four years of relevant work experience in the areas of law, human rights, minority in particular Roma and /or gender issues; Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages;
- Excellent written an oral communications skills in English and local language;
- Knowledge of Romani language would be an asset.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 2,298.08 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered. The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization. Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.