A vacancy for a short term appointment has arisen in the OSCE Presence in Albania for a Programme Assistant (G5) within the Democratization Department. This postion is an replacement due to the maternity leave of the current incumbent and is envisaged until end of year 2019.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Democratization Officer (SDO), the incumbent performs the following tasks:
1. In close coordination with the Presence's programmatic staff, assists in planning, developing, organizing, monitoring, implementing and follow-up on project activities. Assists in identification of target groups, audiences and participants, and preparation of monitoring reports.
2. Through research and personal contacts, collects and analyses information on developments in the areas relevant to Democratization in general and Civil Society and Gender in particular. Follows developments, initiatives and efforts by non-governmental, governmental actors, media etc. in the relevant areas and provides written reports or summaries of such developments;
3. Drafts contributions to activity, background reports, and other regular and ad-hoc reporting;
4. Contributes to the visibility of OSCE initiatives related to civil society and gender. Provides support to the improvement of outreach;
5. Directly responsible for procurement related issues and procedures, ensuring that administrative follow-up and deadlines are met, provides logistical, administrative and content-related support;
6. Screens telephone calls, visitors and mail, taking messages and reporting them to the direct supervisor;
7. Drafts correspondence, internal reports, requests, meeting minutes, and maintains filling system;
8. Building up and maintaining the database on national and international contacts;
9. Provides translation, and interpretation as required;
10.Performing any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Secondary education supplemented by specialized studies in social sciences (Anthropology, Economics, Political science, Psychology and Sociology) or similar humanistic studies (Archaeology, History, Law and Linguistics);
• Minimum four years of work experience in international and/or national organizations or state structures;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, in both English and Albanian;
• Strong computer skills and ability to operate all Microsoft Office applications;
• Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds, whilst maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
• Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
• Must be an Albanian resident;
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the monthly remuneration for G5 is approximately 900 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions which currently is approximately 100 Euro. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
All applications are due by 02 August 2019. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.