A fix term vacancy position has arisen in the OSCE Presence in Albania for a Programme Assistant (G4), at the Security Co-operation Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant provides programmatic and clerical support to the Law Enforcement Development Officer and Security Co-operation Department (SCD).
The Programme Assistant's role includes:
• Supports the Law Enforcement Development Officer in developing, drafting and implementing projects, activities and action plans related to capacity building of the Albanian State Police;
• Assists in monitoring and reporting on the implementation of plans and the achievement of objectives;
• Contributes to the development and maintenance of a network of contacts with authorities, institutions, international actors in the field and partner organisations;
• Act as an interface for the Law Enforcement Development Officer, welcoming visitors in person and receiving, screening and dealing appropriately with telephone calls, emails and other communications;
• Provides support to the SCD's units for procurement related issues and procedures, ensuring that administrative deadlines are met;
• Provides support with all incoming and outgoing electronic data, paper work and drafts correspondence;
• Responsible for the preparation of detailed schedules and duty travel itineraries for visiting officials to the Presence;
• Participates in meetings, and provides written summaries or minutes;
• Provides translation and/or consecutive interpretation from Albanian to English and vice versa;
• Provides administrative and logistic assistance related to the organization of trainings, workshops, conferences, round tables or other events for the purposes of project implementation.
Qualifications and Skills
• Secondary education supplemented by specialized studies in secretarial, languages, administration or project management.
• Minimum of three (3) years previous work experience in clerical, administrative, project management or language assistance, in a central or local governmental institution, or international organization;
• Organization and coordination skills, as well as office management and maintenance of filing systems.
• Experience in organizing and participation in meetings;
• Experience in conducting official communication and translation;
• Computer literacy with practical experience with Windows applications;
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Albanian;
• Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
• Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
• Must be Albanian resident and nationality;
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the remuneration is approximately 745.33 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
All applications are due by 30 October 2019. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.