As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
|The OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe is involved in a wide range of activities, ranging from counter-terrorism and border management projects to supporting cross-border markets and free economic zones, human rights, media development, and legal reform initiatives.|
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
This is a general support function role supervised by the National Politico-Military Officer and if you are selected as the Programme Assistant, you will perform the following duties:
1. Assist the National Politico-Military Officer in project drafting, monitoring and evaluation process. In consultation with the National Political and Military Officer and Countering Security Threats Officer, draft Mission generated project proposals on Small Arms, Light Weapons (SALW) and Conventional Ammunition (CA) security and control issues, as well as the OSCE Confidence and Security Building Measures. In this light the incumbent: a. Provides the analysis of existing socio-political context in which the project will be implemented; b. Provides the assessment on general compliance of the project with the Mission Mandate, as well as Tajikistan’s legislative norms and rules; c. Provides the analysis of the efficiency of project methodology in existing socio-political environment; d. Provides suggestions on possible improvement of project proposals; e. Furnishes the detailed analysis of the project proposal in terms of its compliance with Mission project proposal templates and other technical requirements;
2. Monitor the implementation of the projects (including on the site monitoring) and drafts reports on the implementation progress. Update, monitor and report on the Unit’s extra-budgetary project proposals. Overall, the incumbent supports the cohesive and effective project implementation process by: a. Ensuring that the project objectives are pursued as described in the project proposal; b. Ensuring that no major deviation from the timetable occurs; c. Co-operating with the implementing partners in effectively correcting the approach if needed; d. Ensuring that the project narrative reports are generated timely and accurately and that they provide accurate information on the project activities and impact. e. Providing guidance to the Implementing Partners regarding the Project Proposals and Narrative Reports preparation.
3. Maintain the Local Project Database; Develop the Mission Partner Database, which would include the information regarding the Mission project partners;
4. Submit purchase requests through the Integrated Resource Management Asset (IRMA);
5. Assist in organizing official visits and conferences; Prepare travel requisitions, requests for personnel and procurement actions and other necessary financial, administrative and travel arrangements; Comply background material and draft papers for seminars and conferences; Draft as required correspondence, reports, evaluations, analyses and justifications, which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility.
6. Perform interpretations and translations from and to Tajik, Russian and English as directed by the National Politico-Military Officer and/or Countering Security Threats Officer;
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe, please see: http://www.osce.org/programme-office-in-dushanbe
|Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions, is 751.50 EUR. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.|
|How To Apply|
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/. ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED, offline applications received by email, post etc. will not be accepted. Please note that the vacancy is open for competition only amongst nationals of Tajikistan.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.