This is a fixed-term post financed from the Unified Budget. The initial contract duration is one year including six months’ probation period.
Under the direct supervision of the National Procurement Officer the Procurement Assistant performs the following duties:
- assists in and contributes to planning and management of all projects procurement and contractual aspects related to procurement of diverse services and commodities in accordance with the local legislation and OSCE procedures;
- performs procurement of goods/services required by the Mission, ensuring its compliance with related OSCE regulations and executing relevant transactions in Oracle. Performs regular closure and reconciliation of PO’s and PR’s;
- participates in market comparative analysis, identifies potential Bidders and keeps the vendors’ database. Submits suppliers’ entry change forms as needed and required. Regularly liaises with current and potential suppliers in regards to various issues: signing of POs, terms of payment and delivery of goods, services or works, warranty contracts and price schedules;
- assists in preparation of and distributes Requests for Quotation (RFQ), Invitations to Bid (ITB), Requests for Proposal (RFP) and Invitations for Bid (IFB). Obtains competitive quotations, proposals and bids from bidders and handles the relevant procurement process on all stages. Assists in preparation of other documents related to procurement procedures including, but not limited to clarification notes, prequalification documents, declarations of impartiality and confidentiality, bid opening board minutes, sole-source contracting forms, exception reports, FMMC proposal and minutes forms, contractor performance evaluation forms, etc.;
- contributes to identifying and prioritising the procurement spheres of the biggest demand and conducting the relevant procurement procedures to conclude LWCs;
- drafts contracts/agreements with vendors after careful and extensive preparatory work in close consultation with OSCE PCU and Secretariat’s Legal Units;
- provides regular consultation/training on procurement procedures for programmatic and FAU staff to ensure that all actions have been taken in accordance with OSCE rules and regulations;
- performs other duties as required, including assistance in the assets management.
- completed secondary education supplemented by commercial courses/courses on purchasing techniques;
- minimum 4 years of working experience in the field of procurement, administration, contracting, logistics activities, part of which should preferably have been in an international environment;
- computer literate with practical profound experience in Microsoft packages and web search engines, prior experience in the use of IRMA/Oracle or another ERP system would be an asset;
- excellent oral and written communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
Monthly remuneration subject to social security deductions is EUR 988. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
This position is open for residents of Ukraine only. Please use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRG00558. The deadline for applications is 16 June 2019. If you experience difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline and off line applications will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.