|General Minimum Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
|Field of Expertise Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
|Level of Professional Competence Requirements|
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
First-level university degree or equivalent experience
Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience including minimum 1 year in a relevant field strongly preferred
|Mission Specific Requirements|
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina continues to play a vital role in strengthening the countrys ability to foster a sustainable and stable security environment, to strengthen Bosnia and Herzegovinas governance, and to encourage its consolidation as a democratic society. The Mission supports political and education reform and works to promote and protect human rights of all citizens of BiH.
Under the supervision of the Senior Political Adviser, the incumbent gathers and reviews information related to political, socio-economic and security issues in the country and provides advice on Missions responses and activities. He / she also works to ensure quality and harmonization of content and style within Mission reports, speeches for Missions senior staff, and other external and internal documents. The Political and Reporting Officer is also responsible for providing advice to the Senior Political Adviser related to political and programmatic reporting, external communication and related issues.
As the Political and Reporting Officer, should you be selected for the position, you will perform the following duties:
1. Gathering and reviewing information related to political, socio-economic and security issues in the country;
2. Drafting and reviewing external and internal reports, publications, talking points, speeches and briefing packages, for quality of content and style;
3. Developing and/or maintaining informational products on a wide range of thematic topics of the Missions interest;
4. Developing and/or maintaining information gathering/processing mechanisms;
5. Supporting co-ordination, and information sharing between relevant staff in the programmatic departments, and with the Heads of Field Offices, to ensure strategic and operational cohesion between political and programmatic activities;
6. Providing advice to the Supervisor on reporting and co-ordination needs and challenges, including specialized communication components to enhance reporting products and services;
7. Acting as focal point within the Political and Reporting unit for selected field offices and assigned thematic topics/issues;
8. Performing other tasks as required.
For more information on the work of the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-bosnia-and-herzegovina
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities several days prior to the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.