NOTE: This is a short-term appointment for 3 months with a possiblity of extension subject to the requirements.
Under the supervision of the Senior Political Adviser, the incumbent gathers and reviews information related to political, socio-economic and security issues in the country and provides advice on Mission’s responses and activities. He / she also works to ensure quality and harmonization of content and style within Mission reports, speeches for Mission’s senior staff, and other external and internal documents. The Political and Reporting Information and Coordination Officer is also responsible for providing advice to the Senior Political Adviser related to political and programmatic reporting, external communication and related issues.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Specific duties include:
- Gathering and reviewing information related to political, socio-economic and security issues in the country;
- Drafting and reviewing external and internal reports, publications, talking points, speeches and briefing packages, for quality of content and style;
- Developing and/or maintaining informational products on a wide range of thematic topics of the Mission’s interest;
- Developing and/or maintaining information gathering / processing mechanisms;
- Supporting co-ordination, and information sharing between relevant staff in the programmatic departments, and with the Heads of Field Offices, to ensure strategic and operational cohesion between political and programmatic activities;
- Providing advice to the Supervisor on reporting and co-ordination needs and challenges, including specialized communication components to enhance reporting products and services;
- Acting as focal point within the Political and Reporting unit for selected field offices and assigned thematic topics / issues;
- Performing other tasks as required.
- University education in journalism, political science, international relations or related field
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience including minimum 1 year in a relevant field strongly preferred
- Ability to quickly review information products, both in terms of language and substance;
- Professional fluency in English and proven excellence in written communication
- Experience in preparing analytical reports
- Knowledge of regional political history and developments
- Knowledge of the OSCE policies and principles
- Ability to operate Microsoft Windows applications, including word processing and e-mail.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
The incumbent shall be entitled to Board and Lodging Allowance (BLA) at the current daily rate of 113.00 EUR.
Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance provided by the OSCE and the OSCE shall pay 50% as the employer’s share of your monthly premium.
The OSCE will cover life and accident/disability insurance.
How To Apply
All candidates must apply online, using the OSCE online application link, found under https://jobs.osce.org
Please note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Online Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, or offer the position with modified terms of reference or a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the duty station are not eligible to apply for this vacancy notice.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.