The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina continues to play a vital role in strengthening the country’s ability to foster a sustainable and stable security environment, to strengthen Bosnia and Herzegovina’s governance, and to encourage its consolidation as a democratic society. The Mission supports political and education reform and works to promote and protect human rights of all citizens of BiH.
Under the supervision of the Senior Planning Adviser, should you be selected for the position, you will support the Mission's strategic planning process, development of strategies, processes, systems, tools and documents related to the Mission's work financed from the annual Unified Budget (UB) and through Extra-budgetary (ExB) funds. You will also support the Mission's reporting to the host country, OSCE Secretariat and OSCE participating States, as well as reporting to the attention of a wider audience with the aim of increasing the visibility of the Mission’s best practices and achievements.
As the Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, should you be selected for the position, you will perform the following duties:
1. In close co-operation with the Chief of Policy and Planning Section (C/PPS), Senior Planning Adviser, Senior Political Adviser, National Planning and National Monitoring and Evaluation Officers, and programme staff, supporting the annual process of strategic planning by the Mission, the monitoring of the implementation of the Strategic Action Plan, and associated reporting;
2. In close co-operation with the Fund Administration Unit (FAU), assisting the Supervisor during the process of drafting of the Unified Budget (UB) cycle documents (i.e. Performance Based Programme Reporting (PBPR), Programme Outline (PO), Unified Budget Proposal (UBP), including by co-ordinating the process, drafting the sections related to the Office of the Head of Mission (OHoM), supporting programmatic staff in process of drafting of their sections, and reviewing first inputs;
3. Supporting the process of preparation of talking points, speeches and associated visual materials to facilitate presentations of the UB cycle documents to the participating States;
4. In close co-operation with programmatic staff, supporting the process of development of the Mission UB and ExB project ideas and proposals, and associated progress and end-of-project evaluations (self- and external evaluations). This includes supporting in organization of the Mission’s ExB Project Review Board meetings and associated reporting;
5. Supporting the supervisor in annual reporting to the host country by co-ordinating the process and providing the review of first inputs by programmatic sections;
6. Supporting the development (and maintenance, where applicable) of different strategies, policies, processes, systems and tools to facilitate effective and efficient planning, monitoring and evaluation in the Mission (related to both the UB and ExB work), including through exchange of good practices with other OSCE executive structures;
7. Supporting the process of increasing of the visibility of the Mission’s best practices and achievements by contributing to the related reporting;
8. Supporting the process of trainings on planning, monitoring and evaluation in the Mission by mapping the needs, developing relevant educational materials and tools and holding trainings;
9. Performing other tasks as required.
For more information on the work of the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-bosnia-and-herzegovina