A vacancy for a part time Project Assistant G4 has arisen in the Rule of Law and Human Rights Department, OSCE Presence in Albania, for a period from 1st of June 2019 – 31 March 2020.
The Project Assistant will assist the Project Manager in implementation and monitoring of the Project activities and budget, in particular the administrative and logistical support, reporting and follow up, providing general support to the project implementation based on the strategy and schedule defined by the Project Manager.
Tasks and Responsibility:
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
• Provides general support and assists in monitoring and implementation of the Project activities and budget reporting and follow up as per the instructions of the Project Manager
• Gathers and analyses relevant information in order to prepare draft Project reports for the donor and for internal use;
• Assists the Project Manager in meetings, planning and organizing of activities as per timeline and overseeing the Project budget expenditures as per the instructions given by PM. Communication via email, phone or meetings with experts/consultants and the CJT research Team, organizations or institutions relevant to the implementation of the activities of the project is maintained;
• Performs administrative actions, such as raising request of necessary approvals by the decision making authority(ies) as per the deadlines set and procedures to be followed;
• Provides support by sending, receiving and archiving electronic-/paper communication and documents;
• Provides written summaries for Project related workshops, meetings and conferences.
• Provides translation and interpretation from Albanian to English and vice versa as required;
• Upon instructions drafts documents and gathers information on relevant issues for further processing by the Project Manager;
• With the PM request, prepares templates for reporting and monitoring of the activities;
• Performs any other project-related duties as assigned.
• Secondary education, supplemented by specialized studies in administration, law or /social science.
• At least 3 years of relevant previous work experience;
• Desirable, at least 1 year of experience in design and implementation of education/ capacity building project.
• Knowledge of the Project Management and familiarity to work with project log frame and timeline tools for the coordination and execution of the project activities.
• Experience on managing information flow and distance interlocutors, excellent analytical skills, translation and interpreting experience.
• Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and local languages.
• Must be an Albanian resident
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the monthly remuneration is approximately is 400 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
All applications are due by 29th May 2019. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.