This post is financed from the Extra Budgetary “Strengthening Ukrainian Media Self-Regulation” project within the Good Governance and Democratization programme. The post duration is until December 2021.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the National Project Officer and the secondary supervision of the Senior Project Officer, the incumbent performs the following duties:
1. Clerical and Administrative assignments
• Co-ordinates procurement of goods and services: prepares terms of references, works with Fund Administration Unit (FAU) to prepare local window contracts’ procedures, evaluates and selects bidding proposals in line with internal instructions, evaluates provided services;
• Assists with human resources: preparation of Special Service Agreements, collection of consultancy invoices, submission of performance evaluation forms for the consultants;
• Raises and updates purchase requests (in IRMA);
• Confirms that services or goods were delivered (in IRMA);
• Arranges travel, accommodation, official travel authorizations and travel claims for OSCE and non OSCE officials;
• Communicates with participants and speakers of different events to confirm their participation and responds to their requests; arranges meeting facilities, audio-visual and other equipment.
• Receives, logs, screens, sorts incoming and outgoing mail;
• Maintains and handles contacts database;
• Maintains and updates files of reports, correspondence, manuals and other relevant material; researches for information and background documentation, when requested;
• Ensures the availability of office supplies (stationery, water and paper, visibility items, promotional and other items as requested) and arranges for their collection and distribution;
• Ensures functionality and operability of the office equipment.
• Arranges accommodation, pick-up and transportation for the project staff and guests, if needed.
3. Other duties as assigned
• Completed secondary education supplemented by formal studies in administration;
• Minimum three years of secretarial or clerical experience, preferably in international organizations;
• Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft packages. Experience with the OSCE computer systems (ORACLE, IRMA etc.) would be an asset;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Ukrainian.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is EUR 838. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
This position is for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRG00588. The deadline for applications is 19 November 2019. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.