Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Democratization Officer and the overall supervision of the Regional Centre Director, the incumbent will provide programmatic assistance, translation/interpretation, and secretarial services to the implementation of the Field Support Section Tasks. The incumbent will perform his/her tasks in one of the five Regional Offices.
- Assists and supports the respective field Support Section Staff in their daily duties by executing logistical arrangements for monitoring, advocacy actions, projects, workshops, conferences and trainings; liaises with Sections in the HQ and in the field to facilitate the implementation of Programmatic activities; organizes seminars including the preparatory work;
- Collects, reviews and sorts incoming mail, providing background files and information;
- Dispatches outgoing mail, sends messages via electronic mail facilities;
- Is responsible for organizing the office files including: specifying the list of files in order to make them available to people; checking and updating the files; maintaining and updating files of reports, cases, other confidential related issues, correspondence and other relevant material; classifying and coding material being filed; when required attends meetings and draft minutes;
- Schedules appointments for the Senior Democratization Officer and the Programme Officer;
- Arranges and coordinates meetings, notifying participants of time, date and subject matter;
- Ensures the availability of office supplies (stationery, computer material); arranges for the procurement of material needed; if needed, arranges her/his transport in coordination with the Transport Office.
- Searches for the information and background documentation required by the Senior Democratization Officer and the Programme Officer as requested;
- Drafts reports and correspondence in English on the basis of the instruction received from the Senior Democratization Officer and the Programme Officer and/or on the basis of the knowledge of the work; prepares summaries of relevant meetings, documents;
- Accompanies the Senior Democratization Officer and the Programme Officer, if applicable, to provide interpretation services (consecutively and simultaneously) from English into Albanian and/or Serbian and vice versa during meetings, conferences, seminars, round table meetings, etc.;
- Translates texts and documents of various kinds (legal texts including laws, decrees, administrative decisions, incoming and out coming both official and informal communications;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completed secondary education.
- Minimum three years of relevant working experience with governmental, inter-governmental, International Organizations or civil society organizations in secretarial, record keeping, editing, research of information and report writing.
- Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft packages.
- Project support experience and practical experience in translation/interpretation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, and in local languages in official use. Knowledge of other regional languages as an asset.
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
- Core values
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 908.92 Euro. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org. Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org. In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and socialbackgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.