|Tasks and Responsibilities|
Under the supervision of the Senior Human Rights Officer, the incumbent provides the following functions on matters falling under the programmatic responsibility of the Department of Human Rights and Communities:
1.Secretarial and clerical:
- Assists the supervisor(s) in her/his daily duties;
- Collects, reviews and sorts incoming mail, providing background files and information; dispatches outgoing mail, sends messages via facsimile and electronic mail facilities;
- Responsible for organizing the office files including: specifying the list of files in order to make them available to people; checking and updating the files; maintaining and updating files of reports, cases, other confidential related issues, correspondence and other relevant material; classifying and coding material being filed;
- Schedules appointments for the supervisor(s);
- Arranges and co-ordinates meetings, notifying participants of time, date and subject matter as well as organizing seminars, including preparatory work;
- Ensures the availability of office supplies (stationery, computer material); arranges for the procurement of material needed; if needed, arranges her/his transport in coordination with the Transport Office;
- When required attends meetings and draft minutes;
- Searches for the information and background documentation required by the supervisor(s) as requested;
- Drafts reports and correspondence in English on the basis of instruction received from supervisor(s) and/or on the basis of the knowledge of the work; prepares summaries of relevant meetings, documents;
- Assists and interprets (consecutively and simultaneously) for the supervisor(s) from English into Albanian and/or Serbian and vice versa;
- Translates texts and documents of various kinds (legal texts including laws, decrees, administrative decisions; incoming and outgoing both official and informal communications) that are relevant to the work of the supervisor(s);
- Accompanies the supervisor(s) to provide interpretation services during meetings, conferences, seminars, round table meetings, etc., prepares minutes and reports on those events, as requested;
3. Programmatic Assistance:
- Contribute to assist the Senior Human Rights Officer in planning, designing and monitoring activities related to the DHRC, on return, reintegration, education, access to services, participation and representation, security, dialogue, language rights, inclusion of vulnerable communities, property rights and cultural heritage, inter-faith dialogue, judicial and non-judicial human rights mechanisms and on any other matter as requested by the supervisor.
4. Performs other duties as assigned.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 885.00 Euro. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
|How To Apply|
|For more details please visit the OSCE website employment section at http://www.osce.org/employment/43284. All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online, using the OSCE online application link. In case of technical difficulties with the online application, applicants may use the OSCE offline application form, which can be downloaded from “Links/ Off-line application form” on the same page, and send it by e-mail to Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org with vacancy number quoted in the title. Please note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language will not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.|