NOTE: This is a short-term, part-time appointment (up to 20 hours per week) for a duration of up to six months.
Office Assistant is based at the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina’s Srebrenica Office. Under the supervision of the Head of Field Office, the incumbent will assist in implementation of the CPP activities, with particular focus on working with youth, media and Srebrenica Office second dimension initiatives.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assisting with development and implementation of all Srebrenica Office activities to ensure that they are timely, relevant, and impactful and executed to the highest standards;
- Developing and implementing activities aimed at municipal economic development and capacity building and assisting with the assessment of initiatives and development of relevant lessons learned;
- Designing activities aimed at youth engagement;
- Assisting in scheduling meetings, workshops, roundtables and similar events, drafting briefing notes and notes for the file and liaising with interlocutors on different activities;
- Staying current on news, events and general developments in the Srebrenica Office area of responsibility;
- Researching best practices as relevant to Srebrenica Office activities;
- Supporting and contributing to the development of an innovative, energetic, highly impactful Srebrenica Office culture;
- Performing others duties as assigned.
- Secondary education, supplemented by formal training/studies in international relations and diplomacy;
- Minimum three years of professional experience; preferably in areas of the Mission Field Office initiatives (civil society development, youth, interfaith co-operation and economic development);
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent IT knowledge, familiarity with Microsoft Office and Internet applications, Google hangouts and other similar video conferencing platforms;
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising, advocacy and programme development is a plus;
- Professional fluency in English and local language with excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Possession of a valid driving license.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 2,052.41 BAM/month for full-time, and will be accordingly prorated for this part-time appointment. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme.
How to Apply
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered. The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization. Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.