As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
A local vacancy has risen for 5 (full time) National Trial Monitoring Officers NP1, in Rule of Law and Human Right Department, This post is subject to availability of the funds and envisaged until 31 December 2023. The incumbents are based at the OSCE Presence in Albania, within the Rule of Law and Human Rights Department (RoLHRD), and are supervised by the Project Officer under the overall supervision of the Head of RoLHRD.
1. Tasks and Responsibility:
• The incumbents will have a supporting role in making project management related policy proposals and if needed adjustments with regard to the implementation of the project. This includes supporting the development of proposals on how to overcome obstacles that are likely to be encountered during the project implementation. The incumbents will also make proposals with regard to achieving optimal cooperation with the domestic institutions. These proposals are important to ensure the efficient and effective management of the project
• Monitor corruption and organised crime cases before courts throughout Albania in line with the trial monitoring methodology;
• Draft hearing reports and conduct preliminary analysis of compliance of data collected through observing hearings with applicable legal framework and international standards and best practices;
• Conduct media analysis and support the organization of consultations and discussion forums to ensure awareness of recommendations by key stakeholders;
• Support the Project Officer to prepare and conduct interviews with selected stakeholders and to design and organize peer learning and regional events;
• Perform preliminary analysis of data collected through stakeholder interviews and support the Project Officer in drafting quarterly project implementation reports, as well as “country chapters” for Inception, Mid-term, and Final Reports;
• Other duties as required to implement the ExB Project.
Qualifications and Skills
• First-level university degree in law;
• Minimum two years of practical courtroom experience;
• Proven experience in drafting legal analytical reports;
• Experience that required working knowledge of international fair trial and human rights standards;
• Experience that required working knowledge of international anti-corruption conventions;
• Experience that required knowledge of international standards and OSCE commitments in the field of rule of law reform processes;
• Experience that required knowledge of the domestic political situation and local judicial structure, including the framework pertaining to the processing of corruption and organised crime crimes;
• Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, in both English and Albanian
• Must be Albanian nationality and residency.
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the remuneration is approximately 1,654.42 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
All applications are due by 26 February 2021. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.