This post is financed from the Extra Budgetary Project (ExB) “In support of strengthening capacities of Ukrainian authorities in preventing and combating illicit trafficking in weapons, ammunition and explosives in all its aspects”. The post duration is until 31 December 2022 with the six months’ probation period.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The National SALW Programme Manager will perform day-to-day project management duties within the Extra Budgetary Project “In support of strengthening capacities of Ukrainian authorities in preventing and combating illicit trafficking in weapons, ammunition and explosives in all its aspects”. Additionally, he/she will supervise two other projects “Supporting the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine in preventing and combatting illicit trafficking in WAE” and “Supporting the State Customs Service of Ukraine in preventing and combatting illicit trafficking of weapons, ammunition and explosives”. Mentioned projects constitute SALW sub-programme within the OSCE PCU the Economic, Environmental and Politico-Military Programme. The incumbent will supervise two National Project Officers, Senior Liaison Assistant and two Project Assistants; and co-ordinate closely with HR Assistant and Travel/Procurement Assistant who will support project implementation.
Under the immediate supervision of the Senior Project Officer, the National SALW Programme Manager is expected to:
• Identify objectives, outcomes and outputs for his/her programme
• Develop project portfolios that respond to the needs of Ukrainian partners and stakeholders and strengthen OSCE commitments, focusing on areas that have been identified as priorities
• Supervise National Project Officers' management of projects, ensuring that work is performed in accordance with OSCE standards
• Report on outcome- and impact-level indicators, using well-founded monitoring and evaluation techniques, in a manner that is easily comprehensible to stakeholders
• Co-ordinate with partners and stakeholders inside and outside the OSCE
• Perform other duties as assigned
• University degree in economics, business management, political sciences, social sciences, military and law-enforcement
• Minimum of four years professional experience
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Demonstrated thematic experience
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of relationship building and fostering coordination among stakeholders
• Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications
• Holding a valid driving license
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian
Monthly remuneration subject to social security deductions is EUR 2,151. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
This position is open for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRN00599. The deadline for application is 18 March 2020. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.