As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
A fix term vacancy has arisen in the OSCE Presence in Albania for a National Security Officer (NP1) at the Security Co-operation Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Head of the Security Co-operation Department, the incumbent performs the following tasks:
1. Assists in developing and implementing the Presence's Security Policy and security-related thematic activities;
2. Liaises with Presence staff and relevant local police authorities on security related matters;
3. Assists in developing Presence's Security Policy, Evacuation Procedures and provides briefing on public security issues and matters effecting public order in Albania that may affect the safety and security of the staff;
4. Drafts reports on security matters in country as required;
5. Plans and maintains an up to date Presence’s Duty Officer System.
6. Perform any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
• First level university degree in Security Management or in a related subject; or graduation at a national military or police academy;
• In case of Police or Military background, a minimum of 2 years Security Management experience is required;
• “Security Management Degree” graduates require a minimum of 2 years practical Security Management experience;
• Proven organisational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills;
• Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Albanian language;
• Must be an Albanian resident;
• No previous criminal convictions (applicant must submit evidence upon the request, at any time throughout the recruitment process).
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the remuneration is approximately 1,423.92 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions.
OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
All applications are due by 15 February 2019. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
Should you have any question on the application, kindly send a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.