This post is financed from “Support to Ukraine’s Human Rights Protection by Enhancing Accessibility of Constitutional Justice” Extra Budgetary Project. The initial duration of the post is until December 2020. Its extension is subject to the availability of funds.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the National Programme Manager (Legal Reform) the incumbent is responsible for the implementation and administration of the rule of law projects, in particular the project “Support to Ukraine’s Human Rights Protection by Enhancing Accessibility of Constitutional Justice” substantive and financial project drafting, planning and reporting, coordination of implementing partners’ activities, legal research, legal translations, contribution to the development of the project publications, training programmes and training activities, maintenance relations with partners, and other tasks defined by the Rule of Law National Project Manager, Legal Reform. The incumbent shall make a substantial contribution to the fulfilment of the objectives, outcomes and outputs of his/her project, the PCU and the OSCE.
The incumbent should perform the following tasks:
Implementation and administration of the ExB project “Support to Ukraine’s Human Rights Protection by Enhancing Accessibility of Constitutional Justice”
• Implement and administer the ExB project “Support to Ukraine’s Human Rights Protection by Enhancing Accessibility of Constitutional Justice” through organizing the work and implementing all planned activities to achieve targeted project results;
• Plan, organize and co-ordinate project events and activities, co-ordinate work of experts, develop programmes and content of seminars and other events;
• Establish, organize and facilitate meetings of the working groups for development of the training programmes and training courses for judiciary and legal professionals;
• Develop briefing notes on relevant laws and other current issues;
• Facilitate partnership with the project partner — Constitutional Court of Ukraine, as well as with other constitutional complaint stakeholders (as defined in the Project), including courts of general jurisdiction and other partners, attend relevant meetings and ensure smooth implementation of project;
• Co-ordinate and administer the work of the implementing partners of the project, ensure all due reporting is received on a timely matter and results achieved accordingly;
• Draft project proposals in line with the initiatives and decisions of the supervisors;
• Conduct legal researches and needs assessments, prepare the training materials;
• Assist in selection of trainers/experts;
• Conduct quality control of the project publications, training courses, on-line courses, contribute to the development of project publications.
Project reporting of the section
• Based on a thorough evaluation and analysis of the respective project, prepare and consolidate reports, overviews, and other information and analytical material on demand of the National Programme Manager (Legal Reform);
• Prepare narrative and financial reports to the donors based on the demands of the respective donor in line with the M0U of the office, the OSCE donor agreements, and the CRMS;
• Review reports of the implementing partners including financial reports;
• Represent the office and the OSCE at specific local, national, regional conferences and events upon the request of the supervisors.
Other duties as required by the supervisors
• First-level university degree in law or related area;
• Minimum 2 years of professional experience in project management in the area of rule of law and human rights, public law or related areas, preferably in the international organization;
• Experience of work in central governmental authorities would be an asset;
• Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian
Monthly remuneration subject to social security deductions is EUR 1,691. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
This position is open for residents of Ukraine only. Please use the online application system provided at www.osce.org/employment; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRС00603. The deadline for application is 31 March 2020. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.