This post is financed from the Extra Budgetary Project (ExB) “Removal and Disposal of Chemical Hazardous Waste from Ukraine”. The post duration is until 31 December 2022 with the six months’ probation period. The post extension is subject to availability of funds.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The incumbent works under the immediate supervision of the National Programme Manager, EEPM. The National Project Officer will supervise one Project Assistant and perform the following tasks:
Manage the assigned project through all steps of the project cycle, in accordance with OSCE performance-based programming and budgeting and project management standards. The cycle consists of
• Identification of a project
• Development, including preparing project proposal and budgets
• Implementation, including monitoring
• Evaluation (which then informs future project identification)
Supervise and directly conduct activities
• Assist in selection and oversight of consultants, implementing partners and vendors
• Directly manage activities, which can include working groups, seminars, trainings, study tours, publications and others
• Develop impact assessment plans for the project
• Prepare project implementation reports as required by the donor institutions
Establish and maintain good relations with partners
• As coordination is essential to the effectiveness of the PCU, the Project Officer shall ensure coordination of planning and conduct of projects with key partners inside and outside the OSCE
• Assist national stakeholders (project beneficiaries) with reporting to the MFA
Other duties as assigned.
• University degree in Natural Sciences, Economics, or Social Sciences
• Minimum of two years professional experience in project management
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of relationship building and fostering co-ordination among stakeholders
• Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian
Monthly remuneration subject to social security deductions is EUR 1786. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
This position is open for residents of Ukraine only.
We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRN00631. The deadline for application is 13 December 2020. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.