This post is financed from the Extra Budgetary Project (ExB) on Chemical Safety and Security in Ukraine. The initial Project duration is until September 2019.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the National Programme Manager and should perform the following tasks:
Manage three inter-related ExB projects in the chemical safety and security area through all steps of the project cycle, in accordance with OSCE performance-based programming and budgeting and project management standards. The cycle consists of:
1. Identification of projects needs
2. Development, including preparing and adjusting project proposals and budgets
3. Implementation, including monitoring
4. Evaluation (which then informs future project identification)
Supervise and directly conduct activities
• Selection and oversight of consultants, implementing partners and vendors
• Management of activities, which can include working groups, seminars, trainings, study tours, publications and others
• Monitoring of projects’ implementation
• Development of impact assessment plans for each project
• Preparation of project implementation reports as required by the donor institutions
Establish and maintain good relations with partners
• As coordination is essential to the effectiveness of the PCU, the Project Officer shall ensure coordination of planning and conduct of projects with key partners inside and outside the OSCE
• The Project Officer is also expected to assist national stakeholders (project beneficiaries) with reporting to the MFA
Other duties as assigned.
• University degree in natural sciences, economics or social sciences
• Minimum of two years professional experience
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of relationship building and fostering coordination among stakeholders
• Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Ukrainian
Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. Other allowances and benefits are similar to those offered under the United Nations Common System.
This position is open for residents of Ukraine only. Please use the online application system provided at www.osce.org/employment; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRN00510. The deadline for application is 06 May 2018. Applications received after the published deadline and off-line applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.