As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Deputy Head of Office of Central Co-ordination (S3), the incumbent will be performing the following duties:
1. Is focal point for the reviewing and assessing of the project proposals prepared by the Mission’s Departments and/or the Regional Centres, ensuring adherence to high quality standards of project development as well as coherence and consistency to the requirements and Mandate of the Mission;
2. Providing guidance on procedures and criteria to be followed to facilitating project development, advising and assisting Project Managers in particular during the project design phase, and as required throughout the phases of implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation;
3. Ensuring effective projects operational management, through obtaining clearances, comments and co-operation with the Department of Administration and Support, Office of Political Affairs and Communications and with the Office of Legal Affairs;
4. Monitoring project implementation, by ensuring that the narrative and financial reporting requirements and deadlines are met, including coaching project managers on how to prepare qualitative project reports and evaluations; Maintaining accurate archiving;
5. Providing technical assistance in organizing project management training to be delivered to Departments and Project Managers; assisting in preparing quality information packages and/or training materials, as well as in delivering the training;
6. Preparing materials for projects review/briefings for the Head/Deputy Head of the Office of Central Co-ordination;
7. Performing other duties as assigned.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1,565.33 EUR/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE group medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How to apply:
For more details please visit the OSCE website employment section at https://jobs.osce.org/. All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online, using the OSCE online application link. In case of technical difficulties with the online application, applicants may use the OSCE offline application form, which can be downloaded from “Links/ Off-line application form” on the same page, and send it by e-mail to Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org with vacancy number quoted in the title. Please note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language will not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
* Subject to approval of 2019 UB Post Table