NOTE: Foreseen duration of this project is until 31 October 2020 subject to funds approval.
The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina continues to play a vital role in strengthening the country’s ability to foster a sustainable and stable security environment, to strengthen Bosnia and Herzegovina’s governance, and to encourage its consolidation as a democratic society. The Mission supports political and education reform and works to promote and protect human rights of all citizens of BiH.
Should you be selected for the position, you will manage the implementation of the extra budgetary project of the OSCE Mission to BiH for “Leaders against Intolerance and Violent Extremism' (LIVE) Training Course for Youth in BiH”, under the direction and supervision of Chief of P/C VERLT of the Mission. Under the project, two LIVE training sessions will be held in 2019 and 2020, including course adaptation and monitoring, evaluation & learning (MEL) activities to be conducted throughout the project followed by the final evaluation. You will be responsible for following and fulfilling all OSCE regulations related to Project Cycle Management and budgeting, administration, procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation of the project and providing additional reporting as necessary for various OSCE thematic sections and the project donor.
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
As National Project Officer you will perform the follwing duties:
1. Planning, organizing, implementing and assessing Project activities and events in line with the Project Proposal, OSCE rules and regulations and Project Cycle Management guidelines. This includes setting up a system of tracking indicators as outlined in the Project Logical Framework and using them to assess project progress to fulfill reporting requirements for OSCE and the donor. Meeting regularly with Mission staff with expertise and activities related to the project, always approaching tasks in an inclusive and consultative manner;
2. Preparation of terms of reference for facilitators and call for applications for training participants, including selection of training participants in consultation with the Project Manager. Organization of training sessions, communication and coordination with facilitators and training participants. Identifying experts and preparing terms of reference for consultants, in close co-ordination with project manager, necessary for delivery of specific topics required by LIVE Training curriculum;
3. Providing support to training participants in development of their initiatives and overseeing implementation of initiatives including provision of seed funding, including overseeing administrative arrangements. Co-ordinating with relevant Mission sections and personnel for timely and efficient direct procurement of goods and services for the implementation of initiatives. Liaising with relevant stakeholders and participants in their respective communities to ensure effective implementation of initiatives;
4. Preparing and drafting reports for the Project manager and donors, collecting information in line with MEL methodology. Providing support to participants in drafting reports on their implemented initiatives. Liaising with training facilitators in order to get feedback and report after each module. Preparing oral and written briefs and reports to be delivered individuals and bodies both inside and outside the Mission as required;
5. Performing other tasks as required.
For more information on the work of the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-bosnia-and-herzegovina.
First-level university degree in international relations, law, political science or security related discipline;
A minimum of two years of professional experience, preferably in project management and development on security related issues, in a major international organization, dealing with issues relating to security sector, human rights, civil society, including those on countering violent extremism and radicalization, trafficking in human beings, migration and human rights;
A comprehensive and demonstrable understanding of national counter-terrorism and P/CVERLT matters;
Established experience in project development and management, including implementation, budget management and monitoring and evaluation;
Established experience preparing concept and position papers on issues relevant to security related affairs in Bosnia and Herzegovina, in particular those relating to fight against terrorism and countering violent extremism;
Established experience with coordinating work with large number of stakeholders within and outside the organization in successful delivery of programmatic aims and objectives;
Established ability in delivering training and briefings and presentations, as well as ability to facilitate work of working groups ensuring that relevant deliverables are achieved, to include conclusions, recommendations, action plans, etc.;
Computer literacy using Microsoft applications.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 3,181.92 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
|How To Apply|
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment.Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.