Under the direct supervision of the EED Senior Project Officer and the OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Uzbekistan, the National Project Officer assists in the implementation and fund-raising of the extra-budgetary project ‘Support Uzbekistan in implementing and promoting business integrity standards’ in co-ordination with relevant Uzbek governmental and non-governmental bodies.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Project Officer, the incumbent carries out the following duties:
Project development and implementation
1. Coordinating internal resources and activities of national partners and third parties/donors for the flawless execution of the project to achieve its overall objective;
2. Ensuring that the project is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget to contribute to the promotion of business integrity standards in Uzbekistan and zero tolerance towards corruption among the public by managing project activities, carrying our monitoring and oversight of its implementation and reporting to the supervisor should any change arise in the course of implementation;
3. Performing the project activities aimed at enhancing awareness in the business environment and among public institutions on business integrity mechanisms for implementation by helping national stakeholders in carrying our capacity building and public awareness activities in organization and identification of key experts;
4. Liaising with national stakeholders to advocate for improvement of anti-corruption policies with particular focus on implementation of business integrity in Uzbekistan;
5. Supporting the efforts on organizing and holding project events related to discussions and collective actions against corruption and promotion of business integrity standards by helping the PCUz in organizing the round tables, identifying key stakeholders to invite and developing agendas of the events;
6. Monitoring project implementation, drafting project reports and tracking project progress in line with requirements of the donor(s);
7. Co-ordinating the activities of the Economic and Environmental Dimension with potential donors to raise funding for the business integrity project;
8. Maintaining close co-operation with national officials, as well as with various implementing partners and representatives of civil society;
9. Facilitating other extra-budgetary projects within the field of Good Governance in response to the needs and priorities of the host country in order to assist in the implementation of OSCE principles and commitments;
Represents the Senior Project Officer at specific local, national, regional conferences and events as required.
Attends local and international conferences –as speaker, if circumstances require- with representatives of Ministries, political parties, international agencies, academics and experts.
Provides support to the Senior Project Officer and local partners as required.
Education: University Degree in Economics (or relevant field).
Experience: At least 4 years of relevant professional experience in project management a, in either research, academic, government, civil society, international organization or private sector institution dealing with economic and environmental issues.
Experience in supervising joint international and national (government and/or NGO) projects. Experience in consulting and corresponding with high-ranking government representatives.
Knowledge of Uzbek economy business environment and corruption issues. Experience in project management, development and implementation.
Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications
Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural and religious background, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
Languages: Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in the local languages.
Appointment is normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions. Fixed-term with limited duration (up to one year)
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under by 07 April 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. The position is open for the Uzbekistan citizens only. No consideration will be given to the late applications.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.