This post is financed from “Enabling Transboundary Co-operation and Integrated Water Resources Management in the Dniester River Basin” Extra Budgetary Project (ExB). The initial project duration is until July 2020.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the National Project Officer, NP2, and Environmental Programme Officer as a second-level supervisor at the Office of the Co-ordinator of OSCE Economic and Environmental Activities (OCEEA) and should perform the following tasks:
1. Project implementation
• Plans and coordinates activities in the GEF project “Enabling Transboundary Co-operation and Integrated Water Resources Management in the Dniester River Basin” as assigned by a supervisor and ensures that the activities are implemented on schedule and on budget, communicates with Ukrainian project partners, monitors and controls achievement of project results in Ukraine and coordinates assigned activities with project activities in Moldova
• Supports implementation and co-ordination of relevant activities in the project “Strengthening the Role of the Aarhus Centres in Addressing Environmental Challenges in Eastern Europe” and ensures that these activities are implemented in line with deadlines, communicates with Belarusian, Moldovan and Ukrainian project partners, monitors and controls achievement of project results
• Ensures selection of consultants, vendors and implementing partners and necessary follow-up in connection with the above projects
• Performs financial management and reporting as requested by the supervisor
2. Development of new projects
• Identifies possible entry points for OSCE activities related to environment and security in Eastern Europe
• Provides a substantive contribution to the development of new project proposals
3. Establish and maintain good relations with partners
• Follows up with the OSCE partners and projects stakeholders and beneficiaries regarding projects’ deliverables and implementation of the OSCE projects in Eastern Europe
4. Supervise Project Assistant
5. Other duties as assigned
• University degree in the field of International Relations and Development, Political or Environmental Science
• Minimum two years of experience in project management, preferably related to international or bilateral projects with relevance to environment
• Computer literacy with practical experience in Microsoft packages
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian
Remuneration Package Monthly remuneration subject to social security deductions is EUR 1,691. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
This position is open for residents of Ukraine only. Please use the online application system provided at www.osce.org/employment; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRN00552. The deadline for application is 14 April 2019. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.