This post is financed from the Unified Budget (UB).
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the National Programme Manager and should perform the following tasks:
Manage UB and Extra Budgetary (if any) projects through all steps of the project cycle, in accordance with OSCE performance-based programming and budgeting and project management standards. The cycle consists of:
1. Identification of projects
2. Development, including preparing project proposals and budgets
3. Implementation, including monitoring
Supervise and directly conduct activities
• Assist in selection and oversight of consultants, implementing partners and vendors
• Directly manage activities, which can include working groups, seminars, trainings, study tours, publications and others
Establish and maintain good relations with partners
• As coordination is essential to the effectiveness of the PCU, the Project Officer shall ensure coordination of planning and conduct of projects with key partners inside and outside the OSCE
• The Project Officer is also expected to assist with fundraising and UB justification
Other duties as assigned
• University degree in law, political or social sciences
• Minimum of two years professional experience
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Demonstrated thematic expertise
• Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Ukrainian
• Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds
Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. Other allowances and benefits are similar to those offered under the United Nations Common System.
This position is open for residents of Ukraine only. Please use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRN00489. The deadline for applications is 29 October 2017. If you experience difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline and off line applications will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.