The incumbent is based at Head Office in the Rule of Law Section of the Human Dimension Department and works under the ExB Project "Assessing Needs of Judicial Response to Corruption through Monitoring of Criminal Cases". The incumbent is responsible for ensuring coherence and consistency in the implementation of the project, liaising with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and for monitoring, evaluation and reporting on progress in achieving the project's objectives. The incumbent supervises two staff members and remains in close communication with the Department's management in advising on all issues relevant to the implementation of the project. The incumbent may be required to fulfil a representational role with various external counterparts including high level national and international counterparts. He/she is responsible for the overall leadership of the project staff and managing the implementation of the project in all phases of the project cycle: reporting, monitoring, and post project evaluation in compliance with Mission rules and regulations.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Specific duties include:
- Managing the operation of the ExB Project "Assessing Needs of Judicial Response to Corruption through Monitoring of Criminal Cases" and supervising two project staff members;
- Developing criteria for the selection of corruption cases to be monitored and the methodology for monitoring of corruption cases;
- Co-ordinating, reviewing and ensuring coherence in the inputs periodically provided by the Rule of Law Monitoring Assistants based on their observation of the criminal proceedings in the selected jurisdictions;
- Preparing and conducting interviews with selected stakeholders;
- Drafting of the Inception Report;
- Performing preliminary analysis of data collected through case monitoring and stakeholders' interviews;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- University degree in law, preferably with Bar Examination;
- At least six (6) years of progressively responsible and relevant professional experience in the field of criminal justice, either as a practitioner working in the domestic judicial system, or as an expert in projects aimed at assessing the needs of the judiciary in the processing of complex criminal çases, or as an attorney specialized in complex criminal cases;
- Experience working on issues related to the investigation, prosecution and adjudication of corruption cases and economic crimes is a definite asset;
- Experience in implementing complex projects related to rule of law is desirable;
- Knowledge of rule of law reform processes, capacity-building and institution-building strategies;
- Knowledge of the BiH political situation and judicial structure, including the framework pertaining to the processing of corruption and economic crimes;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and in the local language;
- Project implementation experience in BiH is desirable;
- Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications;
- Possession of a valid driving license.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 3991.42 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies . Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.