A vacancy has arisen in the OSCE Presence in Albania for a National Project Manager (NP1), in the Democratization Department, as part of the “Media in Focus – Strengthening Public Broadcaster and School of Journalism in Albania” extra-budgetary (ExB) project, duration until 30 June 2021.
1. Tasks and Responsibility:
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Media Development Officer (SMDO), the incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. The National Project Manager acts, provides information to the Media Unit (MU) and organizes all the necessary project activities respecting the OSCE rules and procedures;
2. Consolidates and monitors the television training centre, coordinates the technical acquisitions and establishes a functional training center, in order to increase the quality of news coverage;
3. The incumbent provides MU with relevant information on public and commercial media, required for the successful implementation of the ExB Project such as: target of the trainings, results after the training, list of technical equipment required for acquisition, reports on production planning, feedback for the new shows from relevant stakeholders;
4. Creates and maintains regular contacts with all appropriate interlocutors Albanian and international institutions and acts as a liaison between PiA, DEM-MDU, partners and external service providers;
5. Seeks and maintains contacts with potential interlocutors which could contribute to the Presence work for the above mentioned ExB project;
6. Reports on developments in the media and television landscape and provides suggestions on how to implement the project activities in the best and most efficient way;
7. Prepares monthly reports, after events briefings, background information for the meetings, for the use of MU; and sends, if requested by SMDO, some specific reports to the donor or other partners
8. Performs other duties as required by the implementation of the ExB project.
Requirements: • University education, first level university degree; media, journalism, political science or social science studies may be a plus.
• A minimum of two years professional experience in media or another related area, working in or for television will be an advantage.
• Familiarity with the Albanian media and television landscape.
• Knowledge and experience in monitoring and implementing budgets.
• Knowledge and experience to draft analytical reports
• Knowledge and experience in operating all Microsoft Office applications
• Experience in coordinating and communicating with teams and organizing events with minimum 20-30 participants.
• Project management experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Albanian;
• Must be Albanian resident.
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the remuneration is approximately 1423.9 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
All applications are due by 07th of February 2019. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
Should you have any question on the application, kindly send a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.