Skip to main content
As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Section/Deputy Director, the incumbent performs the following administrative, programmatic and project based functions:
- Visits non-Albanian and ethnically mixed communities to assess and identify current situation and their needs in areas of safety, security, crime prevention and livability, and translates these assessments into effective and innovative intervention plans.
- Works with relevant institutions and NGOs in non- Albanian and ethnically mixed communities to develop and/or modify comprehensive programmes to establish, build capacity, mentor and support community safety initiatives and forums such as: Local Public Safety Committees (LPSCs) and Municipal Community Safety Councils (MCSCs);
- Establishes communication channels and working relationship with non-Albanian community policing officers and supports the Kosovo Police Service Community Affairs Department as they provide capacity -building assistance to their constituencies engaged in community safety activities and initiatives in non-Albanian and ethnically mixed communities;
- Liaise with representatives of other international organizations that are active in the area of community policing.
- Develops and implements capacity-building packages for community safety forums in non-Albanian and ethnically mixed communities, including identification of training needs, preparation of training curriculum and material, classroom delivery, evaluation and follow up.
- Drafts analytical thematic and performance reports:
- Coordinates language support between Serbian/Bosnian/Croatian and English , orally and in writing, and ensures the effective delivery of all oral and written language services, for programme related documents as required by the Department. Provides language and administrative assistance, including taking minutes and drafting of reports to the supervisor during meetings, presentations and capacity-building initiatives with any one of the Security and Public Safety agencies and other external organizations;
- Project management including monitoring and budget and financial control.
- Performs related duties as required
- University degree in social sciences, law or human rights. supplemented by administrative or project management courses.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience with international agencies and local organizations with a strong background in the area of community safety and/or community policing in International organizations, civic associations (Including NGOs), or economic and political development.
- Established experience of using the full range of techniques required to provide assistance to the development community safety forums and initiatives in Kosovo.
- Ability to develop and design a curriculum for capacity building in matters of media and security law enforcement media relations, and proven experience in information management processes.
- Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft packages.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in local languages.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
- Holding a valid driving license.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1587.66 Euro. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions
How To Apply
In order to apply for this position, you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org. Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org. In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered.
You can not apply to this vacancy anymore.
Sorry, the application deadline for this vacancy has expired.