Skip to main content
As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Democratization Officer, the overall supervision of the Regional Centre Director and guidance of the Chief of Media Section and in close cooperation with other staff members of the Media Section/Democratization Department and other Departments the incumbent performs the following functions:
- Assists the supervisors and the Media Section in assessing the capacity-building needs of media in the four northern municipalities regarding in particular their financial sustainability, technical capacity, and mechanisms to safeguard editorial independence;
- Works on the familiarizing of the media in the four northern municipalities with regulatory framework;
- Performs research and compiles background material for the Mission’s information needs on the freedom of media situation in the four northern municipalities;
- Develops and implements projects, taking overall responsibility for those projects assigned to him/her; ensures that the projects are successfully implemented in accordance with its objectives throughout the project cycle, including designing action plans, budgets, implementation plans, activity reports, final reports and evaluation;
- The incumbent engages actively (meets, communicates) with the target groups/ beneficiaries/interlocutors in order to build key support for team activities; translates all communication upon request to the team;
- Establishes working relations and contacts with international partners, donor organizations, and maintains professional relationships with the media in the four northern municipalities focussing on freedom of media issues;
- Liaises with other locally based media development organizations and keeps regular contacts with relevant media institutions and journalism associations representing media professionals;
- The incumbent provides professional media expertise to various media stakeholders and partners in terms of media legislation, institutional development and capacity building;
- The incumbent provides professional assistance to the drafting of professional research documents about the media landscape in the four northern municipalities;
- Drafts and produces strategic documents to steer the media programme of the Mission in line with the strategy and policy papers;
- Engages actively in all aspects related to the situation of non-Albanian media in the four northern municipalities.
- First-level university degree in Journalism and Communication, Political Science, Law or Social Science
- Minimum of four years professional experience with media and/or media organizations in project management; some of the working experience should have been acquired in a national or international organization or a mission environment
- Ability to analyse and interpret research data and to present findings and conclusions in a form suitable for use by governmental and non-governmental organizations
- Ease of communication with representatives or members of media; ability to formulate their concerns and other reports in a concise way
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English and Serbian language. Knowledge of Albanian language is desirable
- Valid driving license
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1784.67 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org. Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org. In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and socialbackgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
You can not apply to this vacancy anymore.
Sorry, the application deadline for this vacancy has expired.