Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Democratization Officer and the overall supervision of the Director of the Regional Centre, the National Programme Officer:
- Assesses capacity-building needs, develops and implements projects and trainings to municipal and civil society stakeholders in improving compliance with principles of good governance (accountability, transparency and responsiveness) and adherence to the European Charter of Local Self-Government, through input received from the OSCE Field structures; assists the team in providing support for the process of local governance reform;
- Performs research and compiles background material on the major departmental topics, assists in the organization of meetings (identifies participants and provides logistics support) involving local representatives of municipal and central level structures and members of international organizations to discuss societal, cultural, political and practical issues pertaining to the work of the municipal structures and committees; writes summaries and reports on the topics discussed;
- Assists the Field Structure in the design and implementation of projects; provides regular feedback on the various stages of implementation of project activities; summarises evaluation results and submits suggestions for follow-up/improvement at the conclusion of projects;
- Establishes and maintains regular contacts with employees of central structures, municipal structures, political parties and public administration structures, to ensure a continuous dialogue for the purpose of identifying issues requiring the special attention and support of OMIK, and to formulate projects;
- Performs other duties as required
- First-level university degree in Public Administration, International Relations, Political Science, Social Science
- Minimum of four years of professional experience with municipal, civil society and political structures at the local level, some of which in developing and managing local governance related projects
- Established ability to analyze and interpret research data and to present findings and conclusions in a form suitable for use by governmental and non-governmental organizations
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English, and in local languages. Knowledge of additional local languages (Turkish, Gorani, Roma, etc.) would be an asset
- Holding a valid driving license
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1784.67 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and socialbackgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.