A vacancy for a short term appointment has arisen OSCE Presence in Albania for a National Programme Officer, Economic and Anti-corruption (NP1) within the Governance in Economic and Environmental Issues Department. This appointment is a maternity leave temporary replacement, envisaged for the period August – December 2018.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Governance Adviser the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
1. Analyses and identifies projects requirements of the country not addressed by other agencies, formulates proposals for these strategic priorities in consultation with the Senior Governance Adviser as well as the OSCE Economic and Environmental Activities;
2. Provides support to the government on the implementation of projects related to the Anti-corruption Strategy and other activities as determined by the Department, especially in the area of anti-corruption;
3. Designs, implements, monitors project and negotiates with potential project partners and donors initiation of project activities; drafts comments on designated aspects of project progress and input to program monitoring;
4. Reports on economic and anti-corruption issues based on a thorough evaluation and analysis of the respective sector;
5. Researches collected and evaluated official statistical data on economic studies, anti-corruption surveys and projects undertaken by local think thanks and international or bilateral development agencies;
6. Establishes and maintains contacts with civil society as well as with relevant government officials and institutions;
7. Provides support to Presence Project Office on economic, anti-corruption and good governance especially in the context of the National Strategy of Anti-corruption;
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
• University degree in economics, law, public policy, political sciences or other related fields;
• A minimum of two years of professional work experience in either independent think tank, government institution, or international organization dealing with economic development, anti-corruption and good governance issues;
• Work experience in managing joint international and national (government and/or NGO) projects.
• Work experience in consulting and negotiating with government representatives.
• Work expertise in at least one field of economic crime (corruption or informal economy) and economic institutional reform.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in Albanian language;
• Ability to operate Windows applications, including word processing and e-mail;
• Must be an Albanian resident.
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the monthly remuneration is approximately 1,423.92 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
All applications are due by 25 June 2018.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's on line application link found under link https://jobs.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization. Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.