This post is financed from the Unified Budget. It is temporary as maternity leave replacement, initial contract duration is until 31.12.2018 with possibility of extension.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Project Officer, the incumbent will:
• Review all projects from the Democratization and Good Governance program (Media, Elections and Civil Society Units) and serve as a backup for the other National Project Co-ordinator; review project proposals and evaluate them in terms of financial and narrative part, ensure that the projects are not already implemented by other International Organization in order to avoid overlapping and duplications; collect information on the activities from different sources and to be always up-to-date with ongoing social and political processes of the country;
• Provide advice and guidance to the Senior Project Officer on all project related activities in the areas listed above starting from project proposals and preparations, Ministry of Foreign Affairs approval, funding approval (or location of funds as appropriate) through the project execution and completion, including monitoring and final reports;
• Ensure adherence to the OSCE Mandate and Financial Regulations by monitoring the activities of implementing organizations in realization of PCU supported projects;
• Review project budgets proposed by the Project Managers/Implementing Partners, ensure that OSCE Rules and Regulations as well as Ukrainian legislation are strictly followed;
• Insure that terms of Memorandum of Understanding with Ukraine are fulfilled (i.e. agreed Ministry of Foreign Affairs project approval process is strictly followed);
• Advise the Senior Project Officer on the status of all projects in his/her area of responsibility as to the state of development, implementation and completion, with particular regard to the budgetary and project implementation reporting;
• Develop and implement Media program; act as a Media Policy Advisor to the Project Co-ordinator and develop relations with key media figures as well as develop and implement a public affairs program designed to increase general awareness of and appreciation for the work of the PCU;
• Co-ordinate the work of individual unit projects with the annual budget and reporting cycles as well as the specific project approval process involving various Ukrainian institutions and ministries as well as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• University Degree in International Relations, History, Journalism, or Public Administration; certified courses in Project Management and/or Public Administrations’;
• Four years of relevant working experience with project managerial experience;
• Strong background and experience in finance, project management, legal, and political issues;
• Experience in working with International Donor Organisations;
• Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft Packages;
• Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and Ukrainian.
Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. Other allowances and benefits are similar to those offered under the United Nations Common System.
This position is open for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRN00500. The deadline for applications is 06 February 2018. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.