As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
NOTE: This is a short-term position until April 2020.
The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina continues to play a vital role in strengthening the country’s ability to foster a sustainable and stable security environment, to strengthen Bosnia and Herzegovina’s governance, and to encourage its consolidation as a democratic society. The Mission supports political and education reform and works to promote and protect human rights of all citizens of BiH.
Should you be selected for the position, you will be responslble to co-ordinate Mission's public events and ensure positive promotion and buiÌd on the public outreach. You will be fully responsible for Mission's external communication, in coordination with the supervisors and relevant programes.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the National Spokesperson and Deputy Head of Mission (DHoM), should you be selected for the position, you will perform the following duties:
1. Maintaining relationships with key local and international journalists to ensure fair and objective media reporting of OSCE activities and build Mission’s public outreach. Preparing press-lines on different issues or situation and identifies potential partners on subject matters within the OSCE mandate;
2. Organizing and conducting press briefings and advising on the content of press briefings. Assisting colleagues in organizing all public events, visits, meetings with the aim to have proper OSCE visibility;
3. Drafting press releases, media advisories and statements in English and local language if necessary;
4. Assisting in the preparation and distribution of press guidance (questions and answers) to selected Mission members regarding the Mission‘s public policy positions on key issues or events;
5. Remaining well informed about developments of importance to the OSCE. Monitoring all local newspapers and other media reports and distributing press/media reports throughout the AoR to include Sarajevo, Foca and Travnik regions;
6. When necessary, responsible for overseeing radio shows, finding guests and topics and acting as over all liaison between the Mission and radio station, including follow up;
7. Responsible for internal and external communication in relation to public events; preparing and conducting PP presentations for organized groups visiting Mission’s field offices;
8. Assisting in the development and compilation of information materials for distribution to the public and other international agencies;
9. Writing Feature stories for the OSCE Mission website;
10. Performing other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in journalism, political affairs or social sciences;
- At least 2 years of professional experience related to public information activities preferably acquired in an international organization/environment;
- Established ability to analyse and evaluate complex and sensitive issues as well as conduct analytical research and develop recommendations, prepare reports or press releases;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in the local languages;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications;
- Holding a valid driving license.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 3,181.92 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme.
How To Apply
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.