Under the guidance and direct supervision of the National Spokesperson and Deputy Head of Mission (DHoM), the incumbent is responsible to coordinate Mission's public events and ensure positive promotion and build on the public outreach. The incumbent is fully responsible for Mission's external communication, in coordination with the supervisors and relevant programmes.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining relationships with key local and international journalists to ensure fair and objective media reporting of OSCE activities and build Mission’s public outreach. Prepares press-lines on different issues or situation and identifies potential partners on subject matters within the OSCE mandate;
- Organizing and conducting press briefings and advising on the content of press briefings. Assisting colleagues in organizing all public events, visits, meetings with the aim to have proper OSCE visibility;
- Drafting press releases, media advisories and statements in English and local language if necessary;
- Assisting in the preparation and distribution of press guidance (questions and answers) to selected Mission members regarding the Mission‘s public policy positions on key issues or events;
- Remaining well informed about developments of importance to the OSCE. Monitoring all local newspapers and other media reports and distributing press/media reports throughout the AoR to include Sarajevo, Mostar and Tuzla regions.
- When necessary, responsible for overseeing radio shows, finding guests and topics and acting as over all liaison between the Mission and radio station, including follow up;
- Responsible for internal and external communication in relation to public events; preparing and conducting PP presentations for organized groups visiting Mission’s field offices;
- Assisting in the development and compilation of information materials for distribution to the public and other international agencies;
- Writing Feature stories for the OSCE Mission website.
- Serves as the Mission's representative advocating for media freedom, in close coordination with the OSCE Representative for Freedom of the Media;
- Other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in journalism, political affairs or social sciences
- At least 2 years of professional experience related to public information activities preferably acquired in an international organization/environment;
- Ability to analyse and evaluate complex and sensitive issues as well as conduct analytical research and develop recommendations, prepare reports or press releases;
- Ability to plan and coordinate work and set priorities;
- Ability and willingness to work with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds and diverse political views while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate gender perspective into tasks and activities
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English and local languages
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications
- Holding a valid driving license.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 3,164.50 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.