Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Head of the Office of Political Affairs and Communications (OPAC), the incumbent will be performing the following:
1. Drafting reports to the OSCE Secretariat, including daily, weekly, background and spot reports, and to OSCE international partners, including to UNMIK, EU Office in Kosovo and others;
2. Conducting research and preparing analytical reports and papers on important matters related to political developments of the Mission mandated policy areas; Drafting or contributing to and/or otherwise compiling notes, background papers, talking points, speeches, and other correspondence for the benefit of the Head of Mission, Deputy Head of Mission and the OSCE Secretariat;
3. Monitoring political and other relevant activities in Kosovo, in particular in Kosovo Serb-majority areas, and the region and assessing trends which might affect the political/security situation and its political impact on the Mission’s mandate implementation in Kosovo, to include human and community rights, democratic functioning of institutions and on public safety and security;
4. Conducting the clearance of the Mission’s public outlets in order to ensure alignment of these outlets with the Mission’s mandate, consistency of expressed arguments, and policy guidelines from the Secretariat and the OSCE Permanent Council;
5. Establishing and maintaining contacts with external stakeholders, in particular with Kosovo Serb political, religious and community representatives, as well as with governmental institutions, political parties, think tanks and civil society organizations in Kosovo;
6. Carrying out administrative functions related to staff planning, co-ordination and budgeting;
7. Performing other related work as assigned.
- First-level university degree in Political Science or Social Science, or related field
- Advanced education/certified training course in a relevant field desirable
- Minimum of four years working experience with political structures, government and/or international organizations; it would be advantageous that some of the working experience should have been acquired in an international organization or a mission environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to analyse and interpret research data and to present findings and conclusions in a form suitable for use by inter-governmental organizations
- Ease of communication with representatives of members of various administrative structures and political parties
- Ability to formulate concerns and other reports in a concise manner and accurately represent the views of a variety of interlocutors on a particular subject in a briefing memo or policy paper
- Administrative skills to organize meetings, conferences and seminars
- Ability to work with people of all communities and a variety of nationalities with impartiality and sensitivity
- Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft packages and applications
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions, and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrates gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities
- Holding a valid driver’s license
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1.784.67 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE group medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How to apply:
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org. Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org. In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.