As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
A vacancy has arisen in the Headquarters of the OSCE Presence in Albania for a fix term assignment National Political Officer (NP1), in the Political and Public Affairs Unit (PPAU).
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Political, Public Affairs and Reporting Officer, the National Political Officer will perform the following duties:
1. Develop and maintain contacts with national political actors, media and civil society in areas relevant for the PiA work and reports on them;
2. Follow developments within the Assembly as well as political developments affecting the Presence’s mandate;
3. Prepare regular reports on developments in the Assembly, on political developments and other issues requiring research and contributes to the project work of the Presence in relation to political parties, parliamentary fractions, commissions or individual MPs in close cooperation with the Democratisation Department;
4. Liaises with and supports the project development of other departments in fields like legislative process, political parties, media, and civil society;
5. Being involved in preparing draft versions of official Presence reports;
6. Performs other duties as required.
1. First level University degree in political or social science or related subject.
2. Advanced University Degree in the mentioned areas would be considered an advantage.
3. A minimum of 2 years professional experience
4. Additional years of professional experience in the public sector, civil society, media or an International Organization, previous work experience in an International Organization and/or in the region are considered a distinct advantage.
5. Familiarity with the Albanian political and legislative processes
6. Demonstrable record of impartiality in public life
7. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and in Albanian.
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the monthly remuneration is approximately 1315 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions.
All applications are due by 27 November 2017. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/. The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization. Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.