NOTE: This is a short-term assignment until the end of 2019.
The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina continues to play a vital role in strengthening the country’s ability to foster a sustainable and stable security environment, to strengthen Bosnia and Herzegovina’s governance, and to encourage its consolidation as a democratic society. The Mission supports political and education reform and works to promote and protect human rights of all citizens of BiH.
Should you be selected for the position, you will responsible for advising senior staff and programmatic section heads on all aspects related to monitoring and evaluation of the Mission’s programmatic activities, both under the UB and those financed for the account of ExB funds. In co-operation with department/section/unit heads and the National Planning Officer, you will design and develop monitoring and evaluation mechanisms to generate data necessary to supplement regular Mission reporting, including the PBPR. You will also support the National Planning Officer, primarily by feeding in the relevant monitoring and evaluation data during the stage of planning, to ensure the Mission capitalizes on achievements and lessons learnt. You are responsible for regular assessment of the monitoring and evaluation processes, practices and the supporting toolkit with the aim of improving their effectiveness and efficiency, as well as for building the capacity of the relevant Mission staff in monitoring and evaluation through advices, presentations and trainings. To ensure that the knowledge of identified good practices (in terms of monitoring and evaluation) also benefits the entire Organisation, you are expected to support the programmatic sections in drafting of articles as a means to increase the overall visibility of the Mission work and to inform internal and external audiences on the Mission findings.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Senior Planning Adviser, should you be selected for the position, you will perform the follwing duties:
1. Co-ordinating monitoring and evaluation processes of the Mission by advising senior staff and programmatic section/unit heads and Heads of Field Offices on all aspects related to monitoring and evaluation, including external evaluations, by:
- assessing, designing and developing related mechanisms/toolkit to generate data necessary to supplement regular Mission reporting,
- reviewing periodic progress and final self-evaluation reports,
- supporting programme and project managers in donor communications (especially related to donor reporting requirements and donor grant platforms), and
- triggering the regular and systematic monitoring and evaluation of the Mission’s programmes (Human Dimension and Security Co-operation) to ensure these are carried out effectively and according to schedules and that findings and recommendations are implemented and followed up.
2. In co-operation with the National Planning Officer, preparing objective analyses with recommendations on areas evaluated, outlining results and impact of Mission programmes/activities by analyzing data and other sources of information obtained from the programmes, as well as through centralised Mission information management systems and other open sources;
3. Supporting the process of SSG/R, gender and youth mainstreaming in designing Mission-wide synergy, monitoring and evaluation tools, as well as by assisting in tracking relevant data in the centralised Mission information management systems. Providing input into the Mission’s regular reports and producing ad hoc and occasional briefings on specific issues;
4. Providing support to the programmatic staff, especially field staff, in conducting monitoring and evaluation. This includes conducting training and providing written and verbal instructions and guidance and following-up on implementation of evaluation recommendations;
5. Briefing senior staff on the findings of monitoring and evaluation and bringing relevant issues to their attention with the objective to adjust programmes when and where necessary to ensure greater results and impact;
6. Through facilitation of information and knowledge exchange within the Mission, identifying good monitoring and evaluation practices of the Mission and increasing their visibilities by assisting programme and project managers to develop feature stories;
7. Performing other duties as required.
- Completed University degree in a field relevant to the OSCE’s mandate, such as international relations, political science, social sciences, or a related field;
- Strong knowledge of project management, monitoring and/or evaluation concepts together with a minimum of 2 years of related professional experience;
- Established experience of producing reports and a capacity to synthesize large amounts of information;
- Self-motivated, well organized, able to work independently;
- Strong communication, teamwork and inter-personal skills;
- Experience in drafting documentation in English;
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Good understanding of modern technologies and experience with information systems would be highly desirable.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 3,181.92 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme.
How To Apply
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies . Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.